Brown Motorsports Prepares for Div 3 Opener; Welcomes Bangshift.com (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Brownsberg, Indiana – Opening a new season of competition can always be a little nerve wracking, but starting it off with a brand new car adds a whole different element to the equation. No one knows that better than Scott Darrow and Ethan Brown of Brown Motorsports as they’ve just recently completed the assembly of their new (to them) A/Fuel dragster.

So why is the team thrashing when there’s a proven car already in the shop? “A deal came along that we just did not want to pass up,” said Darrow. “Rob Flynn got in touch with us regarding some chassis he had for sale and this one was just something we couldn’t pass by.” The car is a Murf McKinney built piece that was formerly run by Brandon Bernstein in Top Fuel trim.

“We’re excited to get out onto the race track with this car,” Darrow beamed. “Jeff Veale is a veteran driver, so we’re plenty confidant with his abilities to get the car from A to B and both Ethan (Brown) and I have been working on our tune up. Our goal is to be able to have this car in the 40’s to start the weekend and work down from there.” It goes without saying that the ultimate goal is winning the event.

Along with Jeff Veale, the driver of the car, the rest of the family is well represented too. Gary and Sue Veale will be at the track as well as Jeff’s cousin Andrew who services the clutch on the car. “The Veale’s are a great family to race with and they love being at the track as much as Ethan and I do,” Darrow said.

The team will be chasing the Division 3 points all season long and competing at select NHRA National events and match races throughout the year. “This first Division 3 meet at Indy is going to be tough as there are some great cars in this division. I know I saw the Hirata’s loading their stuff up, so we’re planning on a tough field of competition,” Darrow said. The team plans on building on their 2008 performances and defending their match race win at the Thunder Nationals held at Milan Dragway.

Both Darrow and Brown are also excited to announce a promotional partnership with popular auto enthusiast website Bang Shift : News : Bang Shift Blog. The guys at BangShift are pretty pumped up as well. “Both Brian Lohnes and I have lots of experience in the world of drag racing,” said site partner Chad Reynolds. “We’re both so excited to work with Ethan and Scott to help them promote their racing efforts as they run our BS.com logos on the flanks of their dragster. Both of us are already bugging them to let us drive. So far they haven’t gone for it yet.”

Darrow had this to add, “We’ve got some things in the works with the guys at BangShift to really show the world just how great these A/Fuel cars are. Those guys have a real appreciation for this class and we’re getting ready to share more information and inside experiences than have ever been shown to drag racing fans than ever. It’s going to be great!”

Brown Motorsports wanted to give special thanks to the Schepel Motor Group, Chicagoland’s largest seller of commercial trucks as well as its dealership group consisting of the Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Hummer, Saab, and Pontiac brands. The also wanted to thank Snyder Motorsports, Coating Specialties, Chi-Town Harley Davidson and Bang Shift : News : Bang Shift Blog

To follow the exploits of the Brown Motorsports crew, check BangShift.com for updates throughout the season and during race weekends.

Attachments

• brownmotorsports.jpg
    brownmotorsports.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 11
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back