Brown and matco team aim to improve friday at pomona (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]POMONA, Calif. (Nov. 13, 2008) – Antron Brown and his David Powers-owned Matco Tools team look to improve their qualifying position after missing the tune-up on the opening day of qualifying Thursday afternoon at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona.

Brown, who won the season-finale at the historic Pomona track in 1999 (Pro Stock Motorcycle), enters the final race on the 2008 NHRA schedule ranked third in the NHRA Top Fuel standings. The first-year Top Fuel standout raced to the No. 20 qualifying position after his bright blue Matco Tools dragster shook the tires and slowed to a lap of 7.099 seconds at 88.60 mph. Brown, who has 36 round wins this season, has an average qualifying position of 5.21 this season. He has two wins this season ( Houston and Atlanta ).

“You know, we just missed it today,” Brown said. “The car rattled the tires and didn’t make it. It’s ok. I have all the confidence in my Matco boys. I know Lee (Beard) and the gang will get it tuned-up. A lot of good cars didn’t get down the track. It wasn’t just us. (Larry) Dixon , Tony (Schumacher) and Cory Mac (McClenathan) all didn’t make it.”

Professional nitro qualifying resumes Friday afternoon at the Pomona track at 2:30 p.m. (PT). Brown earned the pole at the season-opening Winternationals at 4.495-seconds. He has three poles this season and 14 in his career.

Headquartered in Houston with race operations located in Brownsburg , Ind. , David Powers Motorsports fields the two-car Top Fuel operation of drivers Rod Fuller and Antron Brown. DPM proudly represents racing partners Matco Tools, Caterpillar, Forward Sports Marketing, Valvoline, Toyota , DataDot USA , Ringer’s Gloves, Go Fast Sports, Goodyear, FRAM, and Autolite.

Q1 7.099 ET, 88.60 MPH No. 20

Attachments

• Antron_Brown.jpg
    Antron_Brown.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 93
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back