Brittney's Reaction Times Problem Solved (1 Viewer)

I honestly am starting to feel bad for Brittany, no matter how much she has improved, and she has the last few races, she just seems to come up on the wrong end of a holeshot. Her semi-final race was perfect example her .058 light and 3.68 package would have beaten every other competitior in every other round except for who she happened to race that particular round. Its like Alan's bowling analogy he uses.
That’s why they race on the track not paper, you are right about her luck it has really been bad, she’s a Force, tough, she will come full circle, looking forward to that👍

One thing I've noticed with Brittany Force's pre-stage routine is how long the car sounds like it's on the high side. I could be wrong, but it sounds like the idle is higher for longer. Could this be a factor in the way Force stages the car, then reacts to the tree?
I'm not trying to pick apart Force's routine here - just genuinely curious how the high side affects a fuel car when trying to bump into stage.

One thing I've noticed with Brittany Force's pre-stage routine is how long the car sounds like it's on the high side. I could be wrong, but it sounds like the idle is higher for longer. Could this be a factor in the way Force stages the car, then reacts to the tree?
I'm not trying to pick apart Force's routine here - just genuinely curious how the high side affects a fuel car when trying to bump into stage.
The way to find that out is to look at the data. It is not going to happen, but an overlay of all the data from say the Capco car and Brittney’s from maybe 10 seconds prior to the prestige light to the 60 foot could tell you a story but it would have to be in the same conditions and really several runs for an average. I think you would be surprised to find out that there is more than one way to skin a cat and get the same results. Another thing is since they are different chassis they probably require a different (no matter how slight) way to get the best result. These so called low tech cars seem to require way more than a SWAG to be what they are.
P.S. The old adage that “Pipe is pipe” doesn’t count anymore because an upright change or built in preload or any of a multitude of things will change things in the tuneup or the clutch or the stages where the clutch is applied from car to car. These guys have more than a few sets of tires for changing track conditions. They track the number of passes on the chassis and tune accordingly.

put smaller wheels on the front for race day

17 inch minimum diameter required. I'm sure they're already at that minimum so there's nowhere to go. It's explicitly stated in the rule book. It's stated in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.

17 inch minimum diameter required. I'm sure they're already at that minimum so there's nowhere to go. It's explicitly stated in the rule book. It's stated in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
funny car used to have two different size front wheels which some teams used as an advantage but i guess they have changed that rule for both

This goes back to Don Garlits at Indy 1971, when he ran that 6.21 ET. He had the front wheels staggered & no one noticed it. Of course, a rule was then made as to how much stagger the wheels could have, I think it was 2 inches.

This goes back to Don Garlits at Indy 1971, when he ran that 6.21 ET. He had the front wheels staggered & no one noticed it. Of course, a rule was then made as to how much stagger the wheels could have, I think it was 2 inches.
The only thing about this is the part where "no one noticed it". Not long before that Garlits had a piece of truck mudflap about 1 1/2 feet long under the front axle and they said NO. What gave away the stagger was the Camber on the one wheel. Back then not everyone ran a spool so a lot of things had to happen. The rear end was mounted with the Right rear tire 1/2" down most of the time to load the chassis (and or) the tire was pushed out up to 2" on one side. The front axle had a ton of preload in it by clocking the Torsion Arms usually. Bolt on weight was biased to preload as well. When the axle was staggered the car would pull toward the trailing wheel so the camber on that side had to be more negative to make the car go straight and that was more noticable. As far as "no one noticed" within two weeks you would be hard pressed to find a Chrome front axle on a dragster at the Beach or Irwindale and that was only because anyone without a stagger was too far back in line to get theirs yet. There was stagger up to 6" and they had to have Disk's on both wheels to not trip the lights and yes they made the 2" rule - 1" for lower classes. Now days everyone has a bunch of different A- arms with different offset to change when needed - (they also have different Motor Plates to adjust Engine attitude). All cars were made to have a minimum of 3" ground clearance until 2' behind the axle so they could not stay in the beams for that far. This brings up something else - Track distance is NOT actually 1000' for fuel cars or 1320 feet for 1/4 milers. You are allowed 30" overhang in front of the axle C/L so you leave off the tire and finish about 2 feet in front of the tire depending on what trips the light. Also if the first movement of the vehicle is up by more than 2" rather than forward that is when the clock starts so a reaction time (as well as the ET) can be misleading sometimes.

Brittany is .047 on the tree in Q1.
That’s great. But unfortunately, I’d bet against her winning in these conditions even with great lights. They’ve never had a great hot temp tuneup. Seems like at least 3 or 4 other teams are as good. And Capco is in its own league for consistency. Not my fav but it’d be a crime if they lost.

Speaking of .... what’s with backing the start time to 10:00 Sunday to finish in the daylight? Who cares? Seems like a penalty to the cars who can crank the lowest et’s when the heat’s gone. Give me a final in the dark at 6pm.

That’s great. But unfortunately, I’d bet against her winning in these conditions even with great lights. They’ve never had a great hot temp tuneup. Seems like at least 3 or 4 other teams are as good. And Capco is in its own league for consistency. Not my fav but it’d be a crime if they lost.

Speaking of .... what’s with backing the start time to 10:00 Sunday to finish in the daylight? Who cares? Seems like a penalty to the cars who can crank the lowest et’s when the heat’s gone. Give me a final in the dark at 6pm.
Pomona has always had problems with the neighbors. They don't like the crowds in the daylight and really don't like it in the evening. That part of pomona is filled with older people who have a LOT of political influence. One side of the track has Bracket Field and business, but the other side has those close to 100 year old upscale houses and they would take out the fair as well as the Drags if possible. At one time the horse races were a big deal so they liked it, but now not so much. People say "Why don't they just move to Indy" but there is a very slim chance of that. NHRA has a really good way of not losing law suits in California but they don't have that kind of Juice in other states for some reason. They will always apease the neighbors. Besides the noise they don't like the traffic or the lights.

Probably for the T.V. window. A 4pm finish puts you at 7pm in New York. The T.V. schedule is for 4pm - 7pm EST.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back