Brittney's Reaction Times Problem Solved (1 Viewer)

Ramjet

Nitro Member
After seeing what it has done for Salinas, John needs to get her a Pro Mod car to practice on. Mike appears to have just flipped a switch since he got that Pro Mod car. Granted it is a very expensive "Practice Tree" but it is amazing what it has done to his program - AND he is doing pretty good in Pro Mod as well.🙂

Last edited:
Gotta suck for her that she steps it up by a bunch but Salinas just tears the tree down in the other lane. Nobody would've had enough for him that round. She can't get discouraged. She needs to build on it.

Mike Salinas said he had help on his reaction time by Jose Gonzalez in Pro Mod. Whatever Jose has done for Mike certainly has worked. His reaction times have got better and better in the last 3 or 4 races.

Britney shouldn't hang her head, she did her her job, on that run, Salinas just did better, just as Greg Anderson had a decent light against Troy Coughlin but Troy was better !!

Brittany appeared a whole lot "calm and collected" today after loosing to Salinas. Compared to the loss 2 weeks ago where her reaction time cost the win, she was a mess. Today she was pretty good and that .58 in the semis was right on. The .58 and her monster, no pun intended, of a car running 3.6's would win a lot of races any where. Keep it up Britt!

Just hoping Brit sticks around for a while. Hopefully with Grubby and the current crew
More like she better hope Grubnic sticks around! With rumor that Alan Johnson and Company are moving to Doug K’s team and Salinas has deep pockets. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens in the off season!

More like she better hope Grubnic sticks around! With rumor that Alan Johnson and Company are moving to Doug K’s team and Salinas has deep pockets. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens in the off season!
Exactly. Without Grubnic Brittany would be lucky to have a ride if she wasn't a JFR family member. She's just not that good, and there are better drivers unemployed.

If that's the case, then a lot of drivers would be lucky to have a ride without connections or funds. Some of you are blinded by your own disdain for nepotism.
Correct - John would have no use for a Dragster if it wasn't for the fact that he loves his family and wants to involve them. You don't abandon family because someone else might be able to cut a better light. I also believe that Grubnic is more concerned with being a great tuner than anything else. Of course everyone knows it is not the driver that makes that car qualify # 1 most of the time.

All that does is change the roll out, that does not help the overall package. Whatever it takes away in RT it adds back to ET.
that's why i said for race day go back and look at how close some of these races were a little change could have a different outcome
a smaller tire and wheel will not help getting a #1 spot but if she leaves the same they could cut the losses in half possibly
her Dad should know all about those things.. I couldn't imagine how frustrating that has to be

that's why i said for race day go back and look at how close some of these races were a little change could have a different outcome
a smaller tire and wheel will not help getting a #1 spot but if she leaves the same they could cut the losses in half possibly
her Dad should know all about those things.. I couldn't imagine how frustrating that has to be
I'm sorry if I'm missing your point, but there is no different outcome. Just to pick round numbers, let's say Brit goes .070 on the tree and her opponent is .050. Britt runs 3.70 her opponent runs 3.71. The opponent wins by .010. So you put small front wheels on the car just for fun let's say they are .020 better for reaction time. Her RT would be .050 but the car now runs 3.72 due to less roll out with the smaller wheels. It just moves the .020 from one side to the other. The opponent still wins by .010.

Last edited:
So how about John rolls out the second TF car for Pomona with Prock in the seat. He uses qualifying to nail some lights on the tree and shuts off to get #15 or #14 and take out Steve in round one.Brittany will start #1 of course. Long shot but fun, right?

I honestly am starting to feel bad for Brittany, no matter how much she has improved, and she has the last few races, she just seems to come up on the wrong end of a holeshot. Her semi-final race was perfect example her .058 light and 3.68 package would have beaten every other competitior in every other round except for who she happened to race that particular round. Its like Alan's bowling analogy he uses.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back