Bristol (1 Viewer)

Lee

Nitro Member
Anybody here heard anything about the new surface at Bristol?
How about it some of you Pro's?

I heard it's messed up and they might have to rescehdule it.
I just ordered my tickets this week and she told me the track was in good shape but not I hear this.

Yeah I did but I heard some very reliable source say different just today.

Was that reliable source Joe "Kingnitro" Sherwood? Joe posted on another Bristol thread that he heard from a T/F racer that the track surface was still iffy. I hope that it is in raceable condition by next weekend, as from the article on CompPlus it appears that the track will be quite green. Never could understand why a track is re-surfaced so close to the time of a national event that needs the best possible surface for good racing. I know there is such a thing as winter, and work can't be done when the temps are really cold out, but as far as I am concerned, why not get started right after last years event rather than wait almost the entire year to do something that will have such an impact on the racing! Anyway, after the last race or two with almost one lane tracks, what's the difference? If Bristol isn't good this year, it will just make my decision to wait until next year all the better. Hope it's good though for all you fans that are going this year. Enjoy!

I heard it's messed up and they might have to rescehdule it.
I just ordered my tickets this week and she told me the track was in good shape but not I hear this.

David, sounds like you got a pretty good rumour yesterday. They cancel it late today, and man are there alot of pissed off people. Fans, racers and track people alike. Bummer for everyone.

Last edited:
seems I remember that all through the telecast of last year's race, it kept being said that right after the race they were going to tear up the track and rebuild and surface it. Wonder why they waited so long?

This sucks!

Jackee, after reading my post, it appears that they didn't wait all winter to tear up the old starting line pad, but rather did it sometime last fall, probably after the season (other races too) was over, and then rumour has it they salted the track during the Christmas holidays for the lighted parade and the salt apparently damaged the concrete? Not sure about that, but I guess they found they had a problem with the concrete launch pad sometime in April I suspect, and tore it up (??) and re-did it, and now that isn't holding up? What a shame as it sounds like this is going to really put the schedule of races in OVERLOAD status as there won't be a break before the 3-race Western Swing now so it will be 6 races in-a-row. Ouch!! I bet we see some teams that are struggling take a break somewhere in this timeframe like previous years. I'm sure NHRA and Bruton Smith are talking to lawyers right about now. I was really looking forward to seeing how this date for Bristol would work out with the weather, and now we get an even worse problem. :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back