Brainerd discussions (1 Viewer)

There's been alot of advertising for the race on local radio. I actually heard an ad on KDWB, the local top 20 station, as well as KQRS the classic rock station. They said bring an empty full throttle can on Sunday and get $20 off admission.

There's been alot of advertising for the race on local radio. I actually heard an ad on KDWB, the local top 20 station, as well as KQRS the classic rock station. They said bring an empty full throttle can on Sunday and get $20 off admission.

Yeah I've heard a few radio commercials myself...... more than I remember hearing in past years. I also saw a billboard yesterday on northbound 169 between Jordan and Shakopee with a picture of Capps' NAPA car that said "It's Here - NHRA Lucas Oil Nationals at BIR August 16-19"

Sounds like good conditions for some super runs on Friday! :D:D

Aug 17

65°
44°
Sunny
Chance of rain:
0%Wind:
NNW at 4 mph DetailsSat
Aug 18

72°
51°
Mostly Sunny
Chance of rain:
0%Wind:
SSW at 4 mph DetailsSun
Aug 19

74°
55°
Partly Cloudy
Chance of rain:
0%Wind:
S at 6 mph

Sounds like good conditions for some super runs on Friday! :D:D

Aug 17

65°
44°
Sunny
Chance of rain:
0%Wind:
NNW at 4 mph DetailsSat
Aug 18

72°
51°
Mostly Sunny
Chance of rain:
0%Wind:
SSW at 4 mph DetailsSun
Aug 19

74°
55°
Partly Cloudy
Chance of rain:
0%Wind:
S at 6 mph

I'm encouraged by that forecast, but when I'm at a drag strip, it always seems rain clouds are never too far away, except in Vegas.

Great race conditions! Great campfire evenings as well. It has been very nice weather the past couple years. I was thinking we were due for either million degree days or some sort of rain. It's been so long since a severe storm has gone through and cancelled a session.

When we left sonoma, Wasn't the Seattle forecast mid 70's and beautiful? How did that work out for us?

Alan

When we left sonoma, Wasn't the Seattle forecast mid 70's and beautiful? How did that work out for us?

Alan

True, they have a tough time predicting this afternoon, but overall the nice weather window for this weekend starts Thursday and ends Tuesday, within that range upper 60's to low 70's and partly cloudy - 10% chance of rain per day. The weather front transition from summer heat & humidity (although relatively not that bad considering earlier this summer) to cool and dry looks like it's going to come through (as of now) wednesday.

I fear those days where it is wall to wall rain which are fortunately few and far between and at least for now it doesn't appear that that is going to happen. We dealt with the outrageously hot and humid with high chance of T-storms race in Chicago this year. I'm looking forward to a beautiful MN late summer weekend.

Although a very wet spring / early summer, it's dried out again for the back half of the summer, so zoo camping conditions shouldn't be too soggy / buggy either.

Thus concludes the BIR climate update.

I'm on the I-94 in Wisconsin heading to Brainerd and I just met the Vance & Hines, and a couple of other bike haulers heading the other direction and I was just curious if anyone on here would have an idea where they would be coming from?:confused:

I'm on the I-94 in Wisconsin heading to Brainerd and I just met the Vance & Hines, and a couple of other bike haulers heading the other direction and I was just curious if anyone on here would have an idea where they would be coming from?:confused:

Not sure. No major crashes between you and BIR. Sure hope MnDOT isn't hassling the racers too much

Per this article as discussed in another thread

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/22043-drag-racers-to-face-additional-dot-scrutiny-headed-to-brainerd

Let us know if they stopped you when you make it to BIR.

Sturgis?? they did have a race last week and the rally just ended.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back