Book Review: 'Lost Manuscript' Is A Great Find For NHRA Fans (1 Viewer)

A very valuable look back at Funny Car racing at the turn of the century. I enjoyed the writing about ride hunting and pushing existing drivers out of promising race cars. I wonder how much of that happens today.

Last edited:
just remember arnie karp coming back to drive the third CSK FC that didn't last too long? if memory is correct, he knew he was in way over his head.
only ran handful of events i think. can not remember how that all transpired and who filled the seat.
was it phil burkhart? or frank pedregon? or is memory all wrong? ........ gotta' get bob's book.

Last edited:
I think it was Corey Lee who stepped into the Karp FC, wasn't it a Terminator car?

just remember arnie karp coming back to drive the third CSK FC that didn't last too long? if memory is correct, he knew he was in way over his head.
only ran handful of events i think. can not remember how that all transpired and who filled the seat.
was it phil burkhart? or frank pedregon? or is memory all wrong? ........ gotta' get bob's book.

I think it was Corey Lee who stepped into the Karp FC, wasn't it a Terminator car?
I just watched this race on Youtube the other night. Yes, Arnie Karp ran a few events and crossed the centerline a couple of times in Vegas and basically stepped out right on the spot. Cory Lee jumped into the car at Pomona and went to the finals and faced Del in the finals. Del red lit and then ironically Cory crossed the centerline.

Still debating if I want to buy the physical book or the E book for half the price. Anybody know if there is a photo section in the middle? Many E books cut those out and that makes for a great reason to buy the physical book in this case

I’d like to find a hard back copy of the book. All I can find are paperback copies.

Still debating if I want to buy the physical book or the E book for half the price. Anybody know if there is a photo section in the middle? Many E books cut those out and that makes for a great reason to buy the physical book in this case
picture section at the end of the book in paperback form

I am reading it now, and it is a good read. Interesting for those that want insight in the day-to-day of a pro nitro team, and for those who have worked in the business, it will rekindled memories of the peak and valleys that are a part of that life. Also an unexpected Nitromater reference on page 244 ;)

Recieved this book for Christmas, my request, andjust getting into it. Looking forward to all the details. Loved Bob's "Blog" inDragster years ago and his first book!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back