Blower dyno in Michigan (1 Viewer)

Aw that is too cool. But doesn't the data change upon re-stripping the rotors?

...and how often are rotors re-stripped?

4,000lb. flywheel spun by a 350? Brix were shat.

Aw that is too cool. But doesn't the data change upon re-stripping the rotors?

...and that's the point of having a blower dyno. Your able to see what your blowers are doing and capable of within a controlled environment.

I believe Snake Racing has one for sale for a cool $250,000.

That's why I always laugh when some folks talk about limiting overdrives. The top teams will still find the best blowers. I guess somebody better outlaw blower dynos.

That is cool, now you need to see a blown alky engine with a screwblower rev to 9800rpm on the engine dyno, now that's really wicked stuff.

I couldn't imagine that, T. That would have my rearend puckered up so tight you couldn't drive a nail in it with a 20-pound sledgehammer! LMAO!!!

Sean D

I'm confused by this ,Blower snout was spinning, then they throw a load on it . ????? Or was that a braking mechansim ?

...and that's the point of having a blower dyno. Your able to see what your blowers are doing and capable of within a controlled environment.
I was thinking they re-stripped them after the dyno test.
(I don't know how much time the strips see)

I'm confused by this ,Blower snout was spinning, then they throw a load on it . ????? Or was that a braking mechansim ?

If you watch the blue hose in the background, it stiffens up when they put the load on it. I'll assume it was vented to atmosphere prior to that.

Wouldn't they want to simulate the blower at idle while the car would be staging to get a baseline of air flow at idle then throw the load on to get data of air flow progression over the course of idle to wide open throttle?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back