2006 Car Craft Summernats. (1 Viewer)

DrRocket

Nitro Member
I've posted photos and a clip from this year's Car Craft Summernationals held at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. While it still doesn't compare to the "Back To The Fifties" weekend in sheer size, this show IS getting bigger every year. I've posted some of the better pictures I took.

There was no repeat of the infamous "dyno launch" of last year. Here's a clip of that if you haven't seen it yet.

Here's the album itself.

Hope you enjoy them.

Last edited:
Thanks David for posting your pictures from the show this past weekend.

I didn’t make it to the show this year but I did go to Porky’s late Saturday night. Also, Thanks for posting that video of the car jumping off the dyno. I have heard the stories but have never seen it until now. I cant wait to show that video to some of my friends. You know how it goes….. By the time a rumor gets around it’s completely different for when it stated. Yea, my buddies are telling everyone the car came completely off the dyno and crashed into a bunch of other cars. (it’s not their fault…. that’s what they were told by someone else)

Is that your car in your avatar ?? Next time I go to Porky’s I’ll look for you. Do you go to Proky’s very often??

Brian.

Glad you enjoyed them Brian. It was a good show. Like I said, it seems to be getting bigger and better every year. I enjoy it more than I do the Back to the Fifties. The '50's crowd tends to be a little staid compared to the Car Craft crowd.

Yep, that's a small piece of my car. It doesn't look like that right now, as it's in the middle of a complete rebuild from the firewall forward. Due to budget concerns, it's now looking like it won't be on the road again until next year. Major bummer. College for the kids and all that.

Yeah, I'd heard those storys too. Thing is, I was there last year and saw it happen with my own two eyes. The operator made an incredible save. He got out of the car with huge eyes, recieved a rousing ovation from the crowd, and probably went to change his shorts out. It was hitting a 3rd stage nitrous shot and tipped 1,200 hp when it broke loose.

I used to go to Porky's all the time, but in 1998, we moved to the northern edge of Lakeville, so I don't get there as often as I would like nowdays. Perhaps we can co-ordinate a nite and meet up with each other sometime this summer?

I used to go to Porky's all the time, but in 1998, we moved to the northern edge of Lakeville, so I don't get there as often as I would like nowdays. Perhaps we can co-ordinate a nite and meet up with each other sometime this summer?
Sounds good to me!!

If nothing else, I’m sure you’ll be in Brainerd for the nats right? I’ll be at the track on Thursday afternoon until the last car goes down the track on Sunday night. We haven’t stayed to see the final round for several years…. I took Monday off this year!!!:D

Next time you’re heading to Porky’s send me a PM before you leave the house. I don’t go there every weekend, usually once or twice a month.

See ya in Brainerd!!!!! (It’s only a few weeks away)

Brian.:)

That red Vette is GORGEOUS! I'd love to see that in person. I see it has Okie tags. That sure was a long haul, huh?

DSCN0530.jpg

Hope you don't mind me sharing the picture here, David? :eek:

Nice pics! Love the convertible Cutlass, a buddy of mine had one in high school and I've kinda had a soft spot for them ever since. The shaker scoop on the red '68 ('67 maybe?) fastback Stang looks a little out of place. I don't think those were actually available until '69 or '70. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks guys!! We had a great time at the show.

Yeah, that Vette was simply stunning. It looks as good at 3 feet as it does at 20. The owner later started it up and took off, and as it pulled away, I thought "Man, why didn't you get a video of that?!?!?! DOH!!!!" :eek: It sounded nasty. Not a problem Michele. :)

Don't know about the 'stang, I just know I like the way earlier fastbacks look. Not my specialty.

Yes, there was Vette gear in the Stude. The level of workmanship in that car was awesome.

Of course, while there were lots of "bellybutton" Camaros, there were also a lot of unique cars. Which is what I like to see.

Anyone interested in the burnout contest videos I took on Sat?

OK, burnout contest videos are up!!!!!

OK, here we go. Got the burnout contest videos up.

The first two show a Camaro that flat out stalled on his first attempt. He managed to salvage his pride on the second.

the last two show the four finalists. I think the El Camino won that day.

Sorry for the poor detail. I was using a Nikon digital I got on sale. Just bought it, and am getting used to using it. It's not the best, but does a decent job for the most part.

Whatever car is on the left in, "face off number two" should have been the winner. That thing just poured smoke out! :eek:

Thanks for sharing, David. :)

Whatever car is on the left in, "face off number two" should have been the winner. That thing just poured smoke out! :eek:

Thanks for sharing, David. :)

No problem. As a followup, I've added four more pictures of that car that I took during it's first solo turn. It's a '71 Mustang. I remember this guy from last year. He really knows how to make the smoke. Check out the last four pictures on the second page.

A link to the second page.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back