Billy's Back.... (1 Viewer)

Since there are only 16 cars, I wonder if Billy shuts off early on every run to try and get one of the Leah/Doug/Salinas in rd. 1, since I would imagine those guys are going to be in or close to the top 5.

See Alan's post #37 above.

1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, 16 .......one side of ladder
2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15 .......other side of ladder
i guess the easiest way to do it is Q #1 and other car Q #2 or 3

See Alan's post #37 above.
True, on raceday I expect them to run heads up. But for Steve to have a better chance to win the title it would make sense to try and knock out one of the other contenders early and with only 16 cars it is easier to accomplish by running to the 1/8, get your data and position yourself (Billy) to take the other guys on rd. 1. Then again all Steve has to do is go out and win the race and none of that matters.

Lots of drama could unfold. It isn’t just the Billy thing. Questions:
How many of the others in top 5 would play the positioning game (or a teammate like Langdon?
Why can’t they make Langdons car run like Dougs?
Will Brittany be the spoiler If they find a round or two of consistency?
Can Leah or Salinas cut good enough lights consistently to have a chance?
If all else goes crazy, watch out for Justin’s lights as a factor.
This could be one of the most memorable races in a long time.

How many of the others in top 5 would play the positioning game (or a teammate like Langdon?
Another good drama would be, can Clay Millican's team combine 3 cars into 1 that can qualify and go rounds? I'm praying to the Drag Racing Gods for them to pull it off.

Also, we still have the points-and-a-half deal at Pomona, so that opens up even more possibilities.

I also wonder about the Langon car/Doug car issue. I understand that supposedly the Langdon car has always been "Connie's car" as far as tuning, but sheesh, when Doug's car has finally picked up the performance in the last few months, why not duplicate the tune ups like they presumably do on the Torrance cars? Those Torrance cars probably have run as well as any team cars have in many years.

So would you be opposed to say Tripp Tatum (a de-facto Capco clone) coming out and running the last three races? Or what if Capco or Pruett and Tony Stewart called up TJ Zizzo and said, we'll cut you a check for (x) dollars to come out west and run Vegas and Pomona. You talk about entertainment value, another high quality car in the show makes qualifying more interesting and adds to raceday especially if Billy lines up against one of Steve's points competitors.

The fact of the matter is that Kalitta has Langdon available as a blocker, Force has Prock. Salians will possibly have a second car whether its his daughter or Travis Shumake in Vegas or Pomona so having Billy out there as a blocker is evening the field so to speak.
That's exactly why we're going to Vegas.🥹
Lol...apparently my response to you, created some rumors.

Jon, I don't think Connie is doing the tuning anymore on the car. BUT I may be wrong.
Has Connie been at any races lately? Usually a starting line shot or two of him when his cars come to the line and haven't seen that in a while. Hope he's doing well.

Has Connie been at any races lately? Usually a starting line shot or two of him when his cars come to the line and haven't seen that in a while. Hope he's doing well.
Pretty sure i see him every event on the side of the track in a golf cart at least on fs1,i also saw a specialized dhl trailer in the kalitta pits with a lift/elevator ,maybe he lives in the trailer at the races?

Been a month and I finally got a chance to log on.
After the Dallas race I am a huge fan of the Torrence family. They might have had Billy's car dialed down a hair but Steve still had to earn it.

Since there are only 16 cars, I wonder if Billy shuts off early on every run to try and get one of the Leah/Doug/Salinas in rd. 1, since I would imagine those guys are going to be in or close to the top 5.
That's not how the Torrences race

Well….. are they going to run heads up round 2 now that they’re on the same side of the ladder?

Last edited:
Well….. are they going to run heads up round 2 now that they’re on the same side of the ladder?
And there is no way they can allow Billy to win and cost Steve a championship. In all other situations they both race to win. No doubt about that. However you can’t have your teams second car, out for the second time this year, cost your team the championship In the second round of the final race. I wouldn’t even tow my car to the staging lanes.

And there is no way they can allow Billy to win and cost Steve a championship. In all other situations they both race to win. No doubt about that. However you can’t have your teams second car, out for the second time this year, cost your team the championship In the second round of the final race. I wouldn’t even tow my car to the staging lanes.
It's almost a lose/lose situation. They leave it in the pits, fans are pissed. Billy comes up and smokes the tires, fans are pissed. Billy beats Steve, possibly cost themselves a championship. Would I blame Billy taking a dive, of course not. If we were in the same position we would do the same thing.

Personally, I wouldn’t expect any team to race heads up if it could cost a championship. Especially your part time team who has no real sponsors that would care. The right thing would be to not stage. But I like the idea that Billy could just plain get beat and make it all moot for now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back