Best All Around Supercharged Driver? (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
This post may not be for the newer fans but maybe for us folks a tick older that have been with this sport some time. The question, who or was, the best all around supercharged driver in Drag Racing?

My 2 answers for this question comes from thinking about a driver who has raced maybe all or some of the classes that have 'huffers' on top of the engine. It could be a driver who actually raced Top Fuel Dragsters, Nitro Funny Cars, Alcohol Dragsters and Alcohol Funny Cars, AND Fuel Altereds. Even Top Gas.

In my view there are 2 very solid choices for this question, Gary Southern and Howard Haight, both 70's and 80's drivers. Both of these shoes could and would drive anything with a supercharger upstairs.

Who else ya got, in my view your choice had to at least drive 3 of the above categories.

TopFuel@Lions

AA Dale Armstrong with his experience in a variety of cars in the pro comp class and evententually in the nitro cars. Ken Veney with the alcohol and nitro funny car. I know its not drag racing, but Ken Veney is well known and respected in the pulling truck type of stuff too. My 3rd pick would be Gary Scelzi with his success in funny car and dragsters in alcohol and nitro.

How about Tony Nancy? He drove roadsters, modified roadsters, Top Gas dragsters and finally Top Fuel. All had blowers & he had cars with the old Buick Nailhead engines in a lot of his cars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back