Bernstein Vs. Force -oldest Drivers ?? (1 Viewer)

May be now, but Connie Kalitta ran Eddie Hill in a final round I think at Indy in 1993. My memory could be wrong.

Ya treed me Brent, I was going to say Connie and Eddie! And it was the `94 Indy final.

If you average the ages of the two drivers, I think the Amato V Greek final would have been the topper.:)

They sure don't drive like they're old. Kenny B. killed them on the tree yesterday!

Kenny has been deadly on the tree all year. If he would have had one of those .050 reaction times in the finals it would have been a father/son victory lane. It is good to see two legends meet in a final for those of us that were really young when Kenny was in FC.

I 'wanna be in Kenny's shape when I'm HIS age!

Hey, I AM his age. Too late for me I guess.<G>

Only final I remember Greek in was against Ormsby in Canada way back when. But I could be wrong, for sure.

I'm with you on this one Roger. As I remember Gary O said he would have let the Greek beat him but he needed the points for the championship, The Greek had been a lifelong hero to Gary. I was at that race but can not remember what year it was.:confused:

I'm with you on this one Roger. As I remember Gary O said he would have let the Greek beat him but he needed the points for the championship, The Greek had been a lifelong hero to Gary. I was at that race but can not remember what year it was.:confused:

It was 1990, Gary had defeated the Greek in the finals at Montreal and Seattle.

Mike, that's friggin' hilarious! I'd like to be in Kenny's financial shape when I'm his age...

Ronny, is that your altered in your avatar? I'm an altered nut, looks like a neat car. Any other pics?

I bought the roller in June of '06 from a guy in Ft. Worth that ran the car in Bobby Marriots Outlaw-Fuel Altered group. Swallowed a valve on the first night out in May of this year, just got it back together in time to run with the Nostalgia ProComp Association at Bowling Green a couple of weeks ago. The pic in the avatar is the previous owner, only real difference, I'm running an old Hilborn Shotgun instead of the big Enderle setup. This link will take you to the site of a photographer that took pics of the meet, there are several of the car on the first two pages. Still feeling the car out as the season got off to a real bad start, but we made a few decent passes, best 7.48 @178 with extremely mild tune-up. Thanks for the compliment, although I can't take credit for the original car, was just fortunate enough to find a sweet piece at a price I could afford. Here's the link, btw there are quite a few really nice altereds and FED's.

PhotoReflect - Personalized Photo Inc.

Why has Paul Songas not answered this question yet?? :confused:

Dude knows his history I tell ya that much- :cool:

And I kinda wanna know as well!! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back