Congrats to the Old Man! (1 Viewer)

stitcherbob

Nitro Member
72 years young and a nitro FC winner, congratulations to John Force. I’m thinking he’s probably the oldest national event winner, at least in the professional classes?

72 years young and a nitro FC winner, congratulations to John Force. I’m thinking he’s probably the oldest national event winner, at least in the professional classes?
Definitely the oldest Pro winner. He already owned that record. I know there was a racer from Texas in one of the Super classes that was close to 80 in winning a National event.

What a great win for Force, the whole event had great results IMO. Steve Johnson's win in PSM was huge as well, especially using an engine package of his own that doesn't use V&H parts. I also have to give kudos to both of the Super Stock finalists, Pete D'Agnolo and Steve Comella. Both of these guys are second generation racers who drive cars that were previously driven by their dads, and, they both live literally a few miles from me. All of our dads raced during the same era. I couldn't believe they BOTH made the final down there, with Pete taking the win. Awesome!

What a great win for Force, the whole event had great results IMO. Steve Johnson's win in PSM was huge as well, especially using an engine package of his own that doesn't use V&H parts. I also have to give kudos to both of the Super Stock finalists, Pete D'Agnolo and Steve Comella. Both of these guys are second generation racers who drive cars that were previously driven by their dads, and, they both live literally a few miles from me. All of our dads raced during the same era. I couldn't believe they BOTH made the final down there, with Pete taking the win. Awesome!
When steve won i couldnt help but yell and be very happy for.him!

Feel great for Steve as well. It's amazing he has found a way to be out and competitive for so long with so little funding. I'm 69 so am amazed to see 72 year old John just being able to drive a Funny Car, much less win! None of my favorites people won Sunday but still great story lines in every class.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back