Bernstein to Al-Anabi (2 Viewers)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
Just saw a tweet from Kevin McKenna saying he already found a job. AJR just confirmed, both Brandon and Joe Barlam are going to them. Sounds like Bernstein will be the GM of the team.

Wow. Would not have guessed that. Though, for how fast that happened and with the Alan Johnson/MLR relationship, maybe this was in the works beforehand. He's never done much for me, but Brandon in Al-Anabi tuned equipment will show what he's really worth as a driver. Even being the son of a legend, this might be the best break of his career.

....Brandon in Al-Anabi tuned equipment will show what he's really worth as a driver. Even being the son of a legend, this might be the best break of his career.

BB is not driving, but going to be the GM (as Paul stated above).....taking Chad Head's old position.

My bad. I assumed it to be a dual role and third car.

I assumed the same thing Andy and then I had to do a double take. You never know what this may or may not lead to. If they wanted to start a 3rd team they have many of the key personnel resources in place to do so.

A middle-eastern team hires a guy who's jewish? Well ain't that some sh*t! :D They just went up a notch on my respect level....

Best of luck to Brandon over there. ;)

I guess one of the hopes will be that Al Anabi will field a nitro funny car and put BB in the seat. That sounds much more likely than BB getting a dragster ride there.

I don't believe Brandon is Jewish, Kenny wasn't

I thought he was but wasn't sure, after finding this I would think he is.
"Kenny is the second race car driver to be elected into the International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame. (2006) Jody Scheckter was elected in 1983." ;)

Holy crap... People are going to argue about racers religion?? And why was it even brought up? Who cares?? :rolleyes:

It probably less important that Antron Brown being A/A or Ashley Force being female.

I think it's great to see but, it's not exceptional - at all - in NHRA.

I'm proud to follow a sport where diversity - "is just there".

PS: Qatar is "different" than Iran or Saudi Arabia - It'll be a good thing if Brandon's last name (whether he 'practices' or not) doesn't raise any eyebrows.

I didn't bring it up and wasn't arguing about it Paul, I always thought he was and just tried to verify it after someone else said he wasn't. :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back