Bernstein adds another new sponsor (2 Viewers)

For everyone who says sponsors are hard to find right now, maybe they should just follow Kenny around. I would love to sit in on him or John Force trying to pitch to a company.

For everyone who says sponsors are hard to find right now, maybe they should just follow Kenny around. I would love to sit in on him or John Force trying to pitch to a company.

Justin how many Championships have Force/Bernstein won? You can't compare they're marketability with the Sport in General. Look at how many times a sponsor starts out with a low Buck team then vaults to one of the Big guns!

I understand that Joe but even before they won a race muchless a championship they had sponsors. I know Kenny came from money but John sure didnt. There are some people who have the ability to get a sponsor for anything and turn a dime into a dollar and they happen to be 2 of them.

I understand that Joe but even before they won a race muchless a championship they had sponsors. I know Kenny came from money but John sure didnt. There are some people who have the ability to get a sponsor for anything and turn a dime into a dollar and they happen to be 2 of them.

what do you mean about kenny coming from money? i read his book and don't remember anything about his family having money. kenny seems to be a self made man with an incredible eye and aptitude for buisness and now with bazemore going to top fuel i have a new team to root for in f/c.

what do you mean about kenny coming from money? i read his book and don't remember anything about his family having money. kenny seems to be a self made man with an incredible eye and aptitude for buisness and now with bazemore going to top fuel i have a new team to root for in f/c.

Well I stand corrected then, I thought I read somewhere that Kenny's dad was pretty well off. Not loaded or anything but had money and I knew that Kenny owned some businesses befoer his race team and such. I didnt even know he had a book, never seen it or heard about it. I would like some info on it if you have it Bruce. Thanks.

I know for sure one of his businesses was a group of successful restaurants in the Texas area. (I can't remember the name, but I believe they had an English theme.) When He sold those, he did very well. I don't think anyone doubts his business acumen. Anyone who can hold onto a major sponsor, and keep them happy for as long as he has knows what he's doing in my book.

I know for sure one of his businesses was a group of successful restaurants in the Texas area. (I can't remember the name, but I believe they had an English theme.) When He sold those, he did very well. I don't think anyone doubts his business acumen. Anyone who can hold onto a major sponsor, and keep them happy for as long as he has knows what he's doing in my book.

Wasn't it something like "Chelsea"? I think his car said "Chelsea King". Maybe that was the restaurants' name too.

"Chelsea Street Pub" if I am not mistaken.

That was it. I ate at one in Florida many years ago, just a year or two before Kenny made the sale of the restaurants. He has been a full time drag racer ever since. Say what you will about the guy, but he IS an entrepreneur.

Does anyone know who was chosen as the second crew chief on Kenny's FC? Marc from Del's Blue Team was mentioned a few weeks ago.

The chelsea king funny car was named after a popular sandwich at his restaurant . He got the budweiser sponsorship by during a rained out race he packed up the race car and hoped in the truck and drove to the budweiser factory and set up a little unprepared display outside and it managed to get him the sponsorship , Well thats the legend anyway.

Does anyone know who was chosen as the second crew chief on Kenny's FC? Marc from Del's Blue Team was mentioned a few weeks ago.

i am pretty sure that it was mentioned during the audiocast during the finals at pomona. bob frey was talking with the gentleman during one of the rounds of qualifying.......... johnny west... i kept looking on the web after i heard that but never saw an official announcement. mabey bobby bennett can let us know. quick bobby ,start diggin':D

Kenny has the business savvy that many of us dream of. I have tried to use the same philosophy in my business activities and I can say that so far I am quite happy with what I have achieved at the tender age of 29.

This is a good thing . . . but

It's good to see the King and Prince bring a new sponsor on board. That being said, I just don't see how that average guy in the stands who has saved up all year and used his vacation to attend a race is going to relate to this.
We'll never know how much money changed hands here, but if it's not significant, you can bet the new sponsor's signage will be all but invisible from the stands and on TV. Should be interesting to see how long this lasts.

Hey Bruce, I would also be interested in reading Kenny's book, I never knew he wrote one, or had one written about him. Any info?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back