Baskin-Robbins Fined $500,000 For Shorting "Pints" Of Ice Cream (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Baskin-Robbins has settled a consumer protection lawsuit with the San Diego Attorney General after it was discovered that 83% of their "hand packed pints" of ice cream were about 4 oz short of being an actual pint. Whoops.

Baskin-Robbins will pay "penalties of $343,000 and investigation costs of $148,164. [The settlement] also contains a court order prohibiting Baskin-Robbins and its franchisees from delivering less quantity of its products than what is advertised," according to the attorney general's press release.

"Our office works hard to ensure that consumers receive exactly what is advertised to them," said DA Dumanis. "It's important to hold businesses accountable--even when it comes to ice cream—and we will continue to make sure the public gets what it pays for."

Lawsuits: Baskin-Robbins Fined $500,000 For Shorting "Pints" Of Ice Cream - Consumerist

So where does the 343 Grand go?? :confused: And what about my 4oz. of pink bubble gum... :p I knew I got shorted 3 pieces of bubble... :D Sons of Beepses... :(

gee, I thought a pint was a volume of liquid.... let's see, hand packed.... could be why, when I scoop ice cream into my two quart 'cereal' bowl, the dang thing fills from a half gallon of machine packed and I still have enough in the carton for seconds... sometimes enough for a whole 'nuther bowl full....

And speaking of not getting what you paid for. Why is it when you go to the rental car counter the size of car is always smaller than what you want? Fullsize = midsize, midsize=compact.:mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back