Anyone know quickest ET's for nitro rat motor T/F and F/C? (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Have a friend up in Oregon, who toured with Wild Willy Borsch Rat motor F/C (Dodge Charger), early 1970's. He said Willy had all kinds of problems with the engine, never got it sorted out until the end of the year. Car ran 6.58 - 212 best that year. So, we're wondering what the quickest times are for a nitro rat motor T/F or F/C. I know that alky rat motored T/AD and TA/FC have gone into the 5's, probably late 1990's or early 2000's. Lidtke & Zeller ran 5.87 at Irwindale, maybe 1973 or '74 with a rat motor T/F.

Actually Cliif the Lidtke & Zeller ride ran a 5.86 in 1976 at the Irwindale Gran Prix. Johnny Davis ran a 5.82 at the 1983 IHRA Northern Nationals at Milan, Michigan, but I believe it was a Rodeck.

TopFuel@Lions

Tom Bailey recently laid down a 5.77@259 with a 519" BBC type Camaro (Steve Morris engine) that's capable of being street driven in a detuned mode. As far as cars using an actual GM block and heads, I wouldn't know and it's been a long, long time since anyone campaigned an actual BBC fuel motored car. Mihovetz's 281cid Mustang that DOES use a factory Ford block and heads has gone 5.88@250, maybe quicker by now. So there's that; no nitro needed. ;)

Yeah, I think the quickest times are now by Pro Mod cars. The engines are kinda, sorta based on the Chevy Rat Motor, altho billet everything. Just for yuks & grins, I'd like to see a Musi rat motor w/ a screw blower in a TA/FC. That would be interesting.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back