Another Scag Acquisition (1 Viewer)

Sponsors - No matter how big (or small) they are can come and go as they wish for whatever reason. However; if they are invested in what they are sponsoring more than just writing a check to get their Name on the side of a Car or Bike they have decided that this investment is part of their identity. Also, they are making more of a commitment for the long run it would seem.

B2B and hospitality seems to play a large role ..... wasn't it david powers that started with ant/baze/fuller? .....
didn't he build the hospitality complex that eventually was acquired by DSR? and now maybe is still seen between the pit spaces of ant and ron?
recently shared w/ant and ashley? ...... waiting for B2B hospitality to change it's appearance. not necessarily away from pits, but morph into
something different, whether in pits and/or along/beside the dragstrip. TEC is on one side of a few of the venues; why can't the other side cater to hospitality?
noticed at bradenton SCAG had a smaller sitting area starting line setup for VIP's. SCAG, as a main sponsor of race, had wilk. ashley, richards, rite at front
of staging lanes; their VIP's had private access directly from pit areas to sitting area rite behind starting line.

Last edited:
If I were to ever replace my current zero turn, I would definitely check into a Scag machine based on their involvement in drag racing. I of course would do the research to make sure they make a quality piece of equipment. If they get equal to or better reviews than the other guys, they would get my business.

Now, automobiles are another story. I would probably never buy a Toyota. You'd think after dealing with the "Big 3" for so many years professionally, I'd be more than willing to buy a Toyota. Although, Toyota has gained major props from me recently, with their refusal to buy into the fully electric car sham. Their decision to concentrate on hybrid and even plug in hybrid over fully electric, was brilliant. Maybe I just talked myself into a Toyota. 😃

If I were to ever replace my current zero turn, I would definitely check into a Scag machine based on their involvement in drag racing........
i have shopped them. am purchasing a zero turn soon. they are definitely towards the top in quality and cost when comparing various models.
looking at 52"-54" models in scag, hustler, toro, and gravely.

Last edited:
i have shopped them. am purchasing a zero turn soon. they are definitely towards the top in quality and cost when comparing various models.
looking at 52"-54" models in scag, hustler, toro, and gravely.
I'm on my second Toro. The first one is still going strong but I donated it to one of the kids. The second one was purchased before Scag got into the drag racing sponsorships, or I'd have taken a look at them.

If I were to ever replace my current zero turn, I would definitely check into a Scag machine based on their involvement in drag racing. I of course would do the research to make sure they make a quality piece of equipment. If they get equal to or better reviews than the other guys, they would get my business.

Now, automobiles are another story. I would probably never buy a Toyota. You'd think after dealing with the "Big 3" for so many years professionally, I'd be more than willing to buy a Toyota. Although, Toyota has gained major props from me recently, with their refusal to buy into the fully electric car sham. Their decision to concentrate on hybrid and even plug in hybrid over fully electric, was brilliant. Maybe I just talked myself into a Toyota. 😃
Skag has basically been in business for over 100 years. Sister brand Blue Bird is what we had for rent in my Rental bussiness. Very little repairs and maintainance. If it can stand up to Rental customers (Some people can destroy an Anvil in a Sand Box with a Rubber Mallet) it is pretty much good stuff. Agree with you on Toyota. They are at least as much American as anyone else now also.

Skag has basically been in business for over 100 years. Sister brand Blue Bird is what we had for rent in my Rental bussiness. Very little repairs and maintainance. If it can stand up to Rental customers (Some people can destroy an Anvil in a Sand Box with a Rubber Mallet) it is pretty much good stuff. Agree with you on Toyota. They are at least as much American as anyone else now also.
rental customers will certainly test it out for you

When we were kids, my Dad used to tell us we could f up a ball bearing with a rubber mallet! 😂

B2B and hospitality seems to play a large role ..... wasn't it david powers that started with ant/baze/fuller? .....
didn't he build the hospitality complex that eventually was acquired by DSR? and now maybe is still seen between the pit spaces of ant and ron?
recently shared w/ant and ashley? ...... waiting for B2B hospitality to change it's appearance. not necessarily away from pits, but morph into
something different, whether in pits and/or along/beside the dragstrip. TEC is on one side of a few of the venues; why can't the other side cater to hospitality?
noticed at bradenton SCAG had a smaller sitting area starting line setup for VIP's. SCAG, as a main sponsor of race, had wilk. ashley, richards, rite at front
of staging lanes; their VIP's had private access directly from pit areas to sitting area rite behind starting line.
SCAG probably is very interested in the B2B Hospitality part of this deal. They have approximately 1350 Dealers in 2024 that pretty much cover the whole country which means they will have presence anywhere an NHRA event is. Also; It dosen't hurt NHRA if those dealers display pictures and sinage of "Their" race cars and maybe give out Hospitality tickets to their customers. It is a lot of advertising for not all that much cost if you spread it out over 1350 stores.

As far as mowers go, I went to buy a small zero turn a few years ago, and ended up coming home with a Scag. The decks are bulletproof when compared to the competitors, very easy to maintain and the one that I chose has a Kawasaki engine. This was before they ever mentioned being an NHRA Sponsor. That mower is the most reliable.

I read in the first year of their sponsorship of Tony Schumacher, that SCAG Power Equipment CEO Randy Gloede said that he couldn't believe that more companies weren't taking advantage of the NHRA and the Right of Return that it offered his company. I would have to say, that they will probably be involved in Drag Racing for a while to come.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back