Another Scag Acquisition (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Surprised nobody here mentioned this. Pretty unique that a corporate sponsor has transitioned into team ownership, and with 3 fuel cars to boot.

There were so many signs of things that didn’t add up with EK. I don’t feel any of that here. In my opinion, the NHRA is aligned with some of the most stable companies I’ve seen them with in a long time. Mission and Scag, in particular, seem to be motivated to make the most of their investment.

I thought the Wilkersons still had Ford factory support when they went to Scag Racing, Justin Ashley is with Toyota, and Richards is running a Camry body without Toyota support that I'm aware of. I wonder how this will work. Is it like what Tony Stewart does with his NASCAR and NHRA teams? Not exactly the same thing since they are racing under the same sanctioning body. I wonder if Richards will start running a Ford body or the new Supra body. Or if Wilkerson doesn't have Ford, if they will switch to Toyota.

pretty sure richards has a business friend who owns a FL lawn/turf or something like that company who sponsors his car. that sponsor i believe moves a ton of SCAG products.
one thing led to another and everyone was introduced, and the scag(metalcraft) group got involved with richards thru the versatran company. pretty sure that's how it happened?

Last edited:
I think Scag is on better financial ground.

I was thinking more in terms of one company getting too big a role in the sport. IHRA and many of the racers became heavily dependent on Torco and Evan Knoll. When that went away, a lot of people suffered. Or, the teams that lost out when Al Anabi disappeared. Business can change. The company can lose interest. The return might not be what they expected.

Last edited:
I was thinking more in terms of one company getting too big a role in the sport. IHRA and many of the racers became heavily dependent on Torco and Evan Knoll. When that went away, a lot of people suffered. Or, the teams that lost out when Al Anabi disappeared. Business can change. The company can lose interest. The return might not be what they expected.
No deal lasts forever, and yes, when one goes away there's fallout. But, IMO it's better to have these deals come along and provide the opportunities that they do for as long as they last. You never know, Scag me be here for many years to come.

Alot depends on how these deals are structured. Who really owns the equipment if Scag gets out. You would hope for a long term commitment but in business you never can be sure. We survived DSRs exit so I'm sure we'll survive if Scag goes away in a few years.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back