Anderson Claims Provisional No. 1 Spot in Joliet (1 Viewer)

At the most recent NHRA national event in Norwalk, Ohio, Greg Anderson and his Summit Racing team felt they had regained the handle on their race car, as their final three runs were among the quickest of the weekend in the Pro Stock category. On Friday at Route 66 Nationals in Joliet, Ill., they confirmed their findings, claiming the provisional No. 1 position with a 6.586-second, 208.97 mph pass in the evening session.

With two sessions remaining on Saturday, including another night session, Anderson knows his position is far from guaranteed, but based on his performance of late, he likes his chances.

“We’re only halfway through qualifying, but it still feels good to have the quickest hot rod on the grounds,” said Anderson. “This Pro Stock class is so stout that to be at the top of the pack, even for one night, is an accomplishment. It’s been a while since my last No. 1 qualifier, so it would naturally mean a lot to me and this entire Summit Racing team if we can stay here tomorrow. Most of all, it would be a great boost in confidence and a great help heading into race day.

“Jason (teammate Line, who was slotted right behind his teammate) has been qualifying this well all season, but it’s a great feeling to know we now have two great Summit Pontiacs. We still have some work to do with Ronnie’s car (Humphrey, who drives the Summit/Genuine Hotrod Pontiac that is run in conjunction with the KB Racing team), but the gains we are making with my car will only help everyone’s performance, so we hope to have him up there with us very soon.

“The best part is that neither run today was perfect, so there is still a little left in it for tomorrow. We have another night session, and I know other cars will probably pick up, but I believe we should be able to run with the best of them. It’s a great feeling and one I haven’t felt in a long time, so it shows the hard work my KB Racing crew has been doing is paying off. It’s just great news for Team Summit.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back