American Idol Contestant a Drag Racer (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
I was watching American Idol tonight and one of the contestants races a 10 second bracket car. They showed quite a bit of coverage of him racing and he talked about how cool it is to race and encouraged others to race too but made it clear to do it on the dragstrip and not on the street. I thought that was cool he said that since this is one of the most watched shows in America and we can't seem to get that message out enough.

Another contestant said he's into crosswords and Simon told him how boring it is compared to drag racing. He said "Here we had drag racing and you come on and talk about doing crosswords." Way to go Simon! :D

Last edited:
Rich, thank you. I completely spaced last night (got too wrapped up playing on myspace again last night). How did they doi?

About the only thing about Robbie I like is that he races. I like rock and I liked David Cook the best (the one where Simon ripped him on his crosswords skills).

As long as the fans vote in favor of him, all good. Sometimes the ones the judges like, people don't vote enough. Never know. Thanks.

Robbie Carrico is the racer, and although he did good, he wasn't the best. FYI - Carrico is not really "rock," he used to be in a pop boy band called "Boys n' Girlz United" and once dated Britney Spears. The long hair from what people are saying at Votefortheworst.com is really a wig.

I'm really looking forward to the girls' performance tonight - my favorite girl Kady is rumored to be singing "Magic Man" by Heart (One of my all-time favorite bands) and my 2nd favorite Amanda is rumored to be singing "Carry on Wayward Son" by Kansas.

Last edited:
I saw that last night. I thought wow we have a drag racers. He said how cool it was. But the only safe way to drag race is on a track. Don't a road! Yes I love what Simon said too. Now tonight the girl sing. Krist Cook is From Selma Oregon. We have hear her sing at our county fair. :cool:

Drag Racing "Idol"

Last night me & the family were watching American Idol, and one of the contestants revealed that he is a drag racer. Can't remember his name, but he's got long hair and is one of the rocker types. They showed footage of him racing a little door car, looked fairly quick. He talked about what a rush it is when the front wheels come up and it snaps your neck back. Then he sang a Foreigner song, which was cool because Lou Gramm lives not far from me, and he's also a real gearhead. Kinda neat deal.

All I know is there is a contestant that needs to marry me. She wouldn't have to change any aspect of her name.

Me = Christopher Lee Cook
Her = Kristy Lee Cook

Bonus points that she is HOT and likes to hunt and fish and I like to hunt and fish. She likes to ride horses and I like to bet on them. It's like a match made in heaven (for me). :D

I know two things:

1. Simon has had a 'thing' for Brooke since the day she auditioned.

2. The drag racer is supposedly wearing a wig.

:D

THE DRAG RACER IS WEARING A WIG? BIG NEWS! Yeah, I heard about that on the local news tonight as well as silver uh well um I won't go there spray painted on cars and buildings all over town. Now about the girl from Oregon all I can say is WOW! She is making us proud. Back to that silver spray paint news story...you really had to see it to believe it.

Thanks Eathon. That was a nice piece, and great that he even told people to do it safe, on the track.
And, I threw a few votes out there for Ms. Cook. She is one of my favorites, also good that she's from the NW too.

Ever notice how Simon rips people for not doing something original with a song, then if somebody does do something a little different "to make it their own" he rips them for deviating from the original?

Another contestant said he's into crosswords and Simon told him how boring it is compared to drag racing. He said "Here we had drag racing and you come on and talk about doing crosswords." Way to go Simon! :D

Now, did you expect anything different? :p

For HIS sake, I hope 'how he is' is just an act for the show, and that he's not that way in 'real' life.

I will say this, I hate American Idol but b/c my wife and everyone else in my family watches there isint anything else on sometimes so I have to partake in it and the only thing I get out of it entertaining is Simon.

I know some people cant stand him but I agree with him most of the time. The only one's I like watching are the very beginning when people like me think they can sing and then get all pissed when they are told they suck. Like they couldnt beleive it or something. Hilarious.

Ofcourse though, I do like watching Nashville Star, the country version of it. Guess b/c I'm a hillbilly hick who likes songs about beer, women, and trucks.

Ever notice how Simon rips people for not doing something original with a song, then if somebody does do something a little different "to make it their own" he rips them for deviating from the original?

I can honestly say that I have never spent more than 3 minutes watching <Insert Location> Idol in one hit.

But I know who that Simon guy is, and he is a WANKER!

For every Simon Cowell wisecrack, I bet there are a 100 actors, actresses, singers, musicians and models that have been given the run around by some so called talent scout(or whatever). He's not a guidance councelor...he's a judge of talent...and a brutally honest one.

Trying to be successful in that industry is probably one of the hardest things you could ever try and do.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back