Almost time to Move That Bus! (1 Viewer)

What a cool thing... I am SO PROUD of our guys doing this! It's very special to have the ability to take part in such a worthwhile cause. Please watch when the show airs! Be certain I'll remind you!

Rich, we won't know what will actually be televised until it airs, but the general contractor assured us that this particular episode will be different from most. They want to show the actual construction rather than just the decorating and fluff. The entire job was done by union tradesmen and they intend to play that up. There were cameras on us the entire time, so we'll see. We installed all the siding and trim on the house, about 80% of the facade. Our guys had hardly any room to work due to the homes on either side being only four feet away, nothing but a walkway between them. It was a trip raising our scaffolding in that space! Not to mention the chaos of working alongside hundreds of other workers. It was truly amazing to watch and our guys were very impressive! As were all the trades.

Joe- not only were we unable to sneak in a word about Scott on camera, but we were not allowed to bring cameras, wear logos, or attempt any other kind of advertising. In fact, the entire jobsite wore blue EMHE shirts and hard hats (though one of our men managed to sneak in his own hard hat with the purple mohawk :cool: ) They were very strict, though Bill became Mr. Popularity as soon as everyone found out "that racing guy" was on site. Could that have been due to our transporting all the equipment to site in our stickered 40' race trailer? :D

Patti, I think it is great what you and your guys/gals did for that family. I tell you, I always get a big ole lump in the throat when I watch that show. It really pulls at the heart strings. If anyone hasn't seen this show, I highly recommend it, as they really make a difference in these people's lives.

That is a great show, we watch it all the time, and that is really awesome what they do for people. I always wondered if they actually did get them built in a week, I guess they really do, amazing.

Patti, I think it is great what you and your guys/gals did for that family. I tell you, I always get a big ole lump in the throat when I watch that show. It really pulls at the heart strings. If anyone hasn't seen this show, I highly recommend it, as they really make a difference in these people's lives.

I agree Justin. Kinda makes a lot of the things we argue about on this site seem unimportant, doesn't it?

What a cool thing... I am SO PROUD of our guys doing this! It's very special to have the ability to take part in such a worthwhile cause. Please watch when the show airs! Be certain I'll remind you!

Good job by Barrett Enterprises and Chicago carpenters.

Local 1977

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back