al copeland passed away (1 Viewer)

sammy

Nitro Member
i know that this is a drag racing site, but i just wanted to mention that al copeland, founder of popeye's and offshore powerboat racer died of cancer today..

WOW.......that's SAD !
He also created COPELAND'S of New Orleans which is a top notch restaurant with superb food.
RIP AL...............

Yep Al was an interesting guy. He loved speed and kept all his "toys" in a building for all to see right off I-10 as you approach New Orleans from the west. It was not unusual to see him take one of his turbine powered offshore racers into Lake Pontchartrain for a little joy ride. During the Mardi gras parades Al would put all his toys right in the middle of the parade from Monster trucks,Boss Hog motorcycles,nascar cars,his motorhome and finally one his large offshore race boats with Al and his family riding on the boat throwing our Mardi Gras trinkets.....

I love Popeye's chicken but I rarely go even though there's 2 close by. They're both located on MLK Boulevard (go figure?) and I really don't like hanging out in the ghetto section of Portland for any longer than I have to. I don't really feel safe at either one even when I'm carrying my pistol.

WOW.......that's SAD !
He also created COPELAND'S of New Orleans which is a top notch restaurant with superb food.
RIP AL...............

Sad to hear as well...

We always hit Copeland's when in Jacksonville for our annual charity motorcycle ride (Lex and Terry's Ticket to Ride), as it's across the street from where we stay. If you get the chance to try their food, you won't be disappointed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back