Ahten Bringing More than Luck to Vegas Nationals (1 Viewer)

Ahten Bringing More than Luck to Vegas Nationals

Las Vegas, NV. – Johnny Ahten is not relying upon luck for his edge this weekend at the 13th Annual NHRA Toyota Nationals at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Tucked neatly in his back pocket is a low elapsed time slip from Seattle. The 5.313/268.76 run at Pacific Raceways won’t get him down the track or win him a round, but for the Island Renovations/Combust Filters team it is one heck of a confidence builder. Another thing Johnny has is a new look Stump Puller. Since 2004, the Ahten Racing Nitro Injected Dragster has remained the same. Now a fresh wrap and new sponsorship with Combust Filters is making itself known. This one-two combination is the edge Ahten is holding on to in Vegas.

“I don’t really get caught up in the spectacle of Sin City,” said Ahten. “Sure, I like Vegas because of the hoopla, but I’m here to race. Right now the car is strong and our tune-up is where it needs to be. I feel like we are up to the challenge. The density altitude makes it tougher, but we have made adjustments for that. The dry air does help us out and we are hoping for some cooler temps.”

Assisting Johnny Ahten in Vegas will be his Crew Chief Al Ahten, crew members Howard Katano, Kevin Colvell, Bob Ahten, and Chuck Costabile. They are a tight nit group of men who keep to themselves and are serious about racing. The Ahten Racing team relies upon support from Island Renovations, Combust Filters, NGK Sparkplugs, Goodson Tools, Mechanix Wear, and Hedman Husler Headers. The Vegas race is a big deal for marketing partner Fireman’s Brew. The California based beverage company has many ties to the Las Vegas market and is available locally at Vons Supermarkets, Lee’s Discount Liquor, Total Wine & More, and the Golden Nugget. There is also a BrewFinder tool at Home | Firemans Brew if you are not in Vegas.

“I have a special bond with Fireman’s Brew and I am proud to represent them,” added Ahten. “Started by firemen, Fireman’s Brew has been a strong supporter of Ahten Racing and I hope to build upon that relationship next year. I am also really pumped up about our new sponsor Combust Filters. Our new wrap features them and quite frankly, the car looks fantastic. I hope to give the competition a great look at the side and rear wing this weekend,” added a smiling but still humble Ahten.

Island Renovations understands the complexity of Hawaii's homes and their customers’ needs. Whether you are looking to build, remodel, or replace your existing windows and doors, Island Renovations is there to provide outstanding service and products to give your home added value with the satisfaction and peace of mind from a company that puts their customers first. Visit them at Island Renovation | 808-685-3377

The Combust Filters Oil By-Pass Filtration System provides 3 Micron filtration, 100% Water Removal, Soot Removal, Extended Engine Life, Pollution Prevention, and Reduced Oil Consumption. By keeping the oil free of moisture contamination and particulates larger than 3 microns, your engine oil will have reduced Oxidation, Nitration, while maintaining required oil viscosity and TBN for proper lubrication. Our system incorporates only the best technology and quality construction for ease of use and installation. Features include an easy to read pressure gauge, 2 sizes of spin-on filters (7” and 12”), a push button oil sample valve, and a custom flow fitting to ensure a continuous proper flow. No internal moving parts to wear out! Visit them at: By-Pass Filtration or Kidney Loop Filtration

Fireman's Brew grew out of two Los Angeles based firefighter's vision to create premium handcrafted beers that would quench their thirsts after an exhausting day on the firelines. Originally created by firefighters for firefighters, Fireman's Brew is now available at bars, restaurants and retail stores throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois, Colorado & Nebraska. Visit them at Home | Firemans Brew

Release courtesy of THR5 Communications

PR Contact: John Rogers

Photo link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/JRX6251/JAS13PhotocourtesyofCostabileProductions_zpsdba3abc7.jpg

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back