A GIANT thanks to all the NHRA Teams, Maters, and to Jim Rockstad! (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Our Winter Rod and Speed show is next weekend and my office looks like a warehouse with boxes everywhere, full of stuff from some of the biggest NHRA Top Fuel and Funny car teams. Thanks to Jim Rockstad for getting it done and thanks to all the teams that sent something as well as Maters Kevin Stith and Brian Bianco. Both really went the extra mile.

Sadly, our beneficiary passed away earlier this past week but the family still needs help and they asked that we make the show into a celebration rather than a somber event so that's what we are going to do.

We have received so many entries for this show that we have opened a second building that will house a special motorsports expo. Also 240 Gordie will be in the house as will Mike Klober. If you have a way to get here or live close to Albany OR, be there! Gates open at 9 AM next Saturday and concludes at 9 PM. Go to Winter Rod and Speed Show for details.

Last edited:
Thanks Pat, I'm excited to hear you are coming as you will have a good time. It looks like it will be cloudy and rainy. I got a call from one of the members of the Flextones and they might do a set at the show if he can get the equipment down here.

Oh yeah, and a big shout out to Jegs, Alan Johnson Racing, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Kenny Bernstein Racing, DSR, Ed the Ace McCulloch, IHRA, John Force Racing, NGK, Edlebrock, Bandimier Speedway, Rob Geiger, Woodburn Dragstrip and Bristol Motor Speedway, Brian Bianco and Kevin Steth. With some to be added later!

Last edited:
So very sorry to hear the news Rich, I know you and your CAP group have put so much time and effort into this fundraiser.
I'm just glad we were in a position to give you some support for the car show.

Well, the show happened this weekend and it was a big hit as over 2,500 spectators in a fairly small market enjoyed a great show that included a motorsports expo, over 140 cars and some great drag racing memorabilia thanks to the top NHRA teams, tracks and even a couple of maters. Thanks again everyone that helped out as it was a major success. It was great to have Gordie Bonin and Mike Klober in the house too. Both great guys!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back