2024 Indy (1 Viewer)

NITRO JUNKIE

Nitro Member
Did anyone else notice that on NHRA's schedule Indy no longer says "Dodge Power Brokers". Now it just says U.S. Nationals. I thought a few weeks ago it said Dodge. Maybe I'm missing something.

Did anyone else notice that on NHRA's schedule Indy no longer says "Dodge Power Brokers". Now it just says U.S. Nationals. I thought a few weeks ago it said Dodge. Maybe I'm missing something.
Has not said Dodge since beginning of the year.

Contract was probably up at end of the year

Same time as Circle K left the first Charlotte Race

Out of 21 NHRA National events in 2024, it looks like there are only 8 races that have Title sponsorships. That is a big change from recent years, and is not a good trend.

I have always wondered about how much it costs for an NHRA race Title sponsorship?

Hopefully the NHRA marketing team can bring some more companies on board during the season.

What do companies get from being a title sponsor?

Anyone know how many Dodge vehicles were sold because of the Indy sponsorship?

if i recall, don't most years begin with open national events? and companies are signed as the year progresses? i agree, only 8 signed to start year is a bit worrisome.
lucas oil has dropped the winters, circle k dropped 4wide zmax, flav-r-pac dropped seattle, dodge dropped the nationals, and menards/pet armor lost it's race in topeka.
pretty sure direct sales can not be attributed to involvement with one event. brand and product awareness/recognition, and soliciting email/contact information are important.
then again, i thought camping world was a great fit for nhra, but apparently not to the level CW is eager to pursue further.

Phew- I was worried this was an thread about Indy car counts already :)

The lack of race sponsors is unsettling. Post 2020, lots of changes in how businesses advertise and market

Lucas is Sponsoring the Winters

1709929049104.png

thanks terry. i swear i checked the schedule on nhra.com the other day and lucas logo was not there.

What do companies get from being a title sponsor?

Anyone know how many Dodge vehicles were sold because of the Indy sponsorship?
If it is the same today as in years past? It would probably be as much for a tax right-off, as it would be for making a ton of profit, from said team or event.

If it is the same today as in years past? It would probably be as much for a tax right-off, as it would be for making a ton of profit, from said team or event.

Fiat Chrysler is a big, international company. They are not going to do anything like be a title sponsor for a tax write-off. If they are like other corporations, the Dodge division gets a budget and can choose how to spend it. Whatever they choose has to show an acceptable return. Execs who spend money on sponsorships that do not have a good ROI are not execs much longer.

Fiat Chrysler is a big, international company. They are not going to do anything like be a title sponsor for a tax write-off. If they are like other corporations, the Dodge division gets a budget and can choose how to spend it. Whatever they choose has to show an acceptable return. Execs who spend money on sponsorships that do not have a good ROI are not execs much longer.
I guess you would know, Sorry! I was just giving my 2 cents, from being an owner of little construction company and when you make more money, the irs comes at you even more to get their share. The more you make, the more they take (!), so the more you spend on things like this (I always did for local sports teams) because you can write off as marketing or advertisement cost, amongst other things. Maybe you’re an accountant and I should just shut the hell up? Hope you have a great year and enjoy the races!

I guess you would know, Sorry! I was just giving my 2 cents, from being an owner of little construction company and when you make more money, the irs comes at you even more to get their share. The more you make, the more they take (!), so the more you spend on things like this (I always did for local sports teams) because you can write off as marketing or advertisement cost, amongst other things. Maybe you’re an accountant and I should just shut the hell up? Hope you have a great year and enjoy the races!
For you, the tax write-off might make sense.

Stellantis—the company formed after Fiat-Chrysler merged with Peugeot—made $20 billion last year and operates worldwide. Its need for tax breaks is probably a bit different from that of a small business.

+

For you, the tax write-off might make sense.

Stellantis—the company formed after Fiat-Chrysler merged with Peugeot—made $20 billion last year and operates worldwide. Its need for tax breaks is probably a bit different from that of a small business.

+
You may be right? I’m just going by actual proceedings as a business owner, albeit a small company that only employed between 30-40. I do have 3 nephews, that are accountants. One for quite a large corporation in Ohio. 2 that are for 2 of the biggest defense companies hired by the US government. Each have a bigger accounting division, than employees, I had. I’m quite sure they would agree from conversations we have had. Not going to go tit for tat, with you sir, but will again tell you; I hope you have a great year & enjoy the races!😊

THIS ^

Just for the record, they didn't have a display at the 2024 Chicago Auto Show. I read the reasoning was because of the money lost during the UAW strike.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back