2007 Lucas Oil Series Schedule (1 Viewer)

nick name

Nitro Member
2007 NHRA LUCAS OIL DRAG RACING SERIES SCHEDULE

NORTHEAST DIVISION

May 4-6 Virginia Motorsports Park Petersburg, Va.

May 25-27 Maple Grove Raceway Reading, Pa.

June 15-17 Atco Raceway Atco, N.J.

July 6-8 Lebanon Valley Dragway West Lebanon, N.Y.

Sept. 7-9 Old Bridge Township Raceway Park Englishtown, N.J.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION

Feb. 16-18 Bradenton Motorsports Park Bradenton, Fla.

Feb. 23-25 Gainesville Raceway Gainesville, Fla.

March 9-11 Orlando Speed World Dragway * Orlando, Fla.

April 13-15 South Georgia Motorsports Park Cecil, Ga.

Sept. 28-30 Atlanta Dragway Commerce, Ga.

Oct. 19-21 Silver Dollar Raceway Reynolds, Ga.

NORTH CENTRAL DIVISION

April 13-15 O’Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis Indianapolis

May 18-20 Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park Norwalk, Ohio

June 15-17 Route 66 Raceway Joliet, Ill.

June 23-24 Mid-Michigan Motorplex * Stanton, Mich.

July 13-15 Gateway International Raceway Madison, Ill.

July 27-29 National Trail Raceway Columbus, Ohio

Aug. 24-26 Beech Bend Raceway Park Bowling Green, Ky.

SOUTH CENTRAL DIVISION

Feb. 16-18 Houston Raceway Park Baytown, Texas

March 2-4 No Problem Raceway Belle Rose, La.

March 23-25 Memphis Motorsports Park Memphis, Tenn.

April 13-15 Texas Motorplex Ennis, Texas

May 18-20 Cherokee County Motorsports Park Rusk, Texas

Sept. 7-9 Red River Raceway Gilliam, La.

Oct. 12-14 Thunder Valley Raceway Park Noble, Okla.

WEST CENTRAL DIVISION

April 27-29 SRCA Dragstrip Great Bend, Kan.

May 25-27 Brainerd International Raceway Brainerd, Minn.

June 15-17 Bandimere Speedway Morrison, Colo.

Aug. 3-4 Cordova Raceway Park Cordova, Ill.

Aug. 24- 25 Heartland Park Topeka Topeka, Kan.

Sept. 7-9 Tri-State Raceway Earlville, Iowa

NORTHWEST DIVISION

May 11-13 Firebird Raceway * Boise, Idaho

May 25-27 Mission Raceway Mission, B.C.

June 15-17 Pacific Raceways Kent, Wash.

June 29-30 Champion Raceway Eagle Point, Ore.

July 6-8 Woodburn Dragstrip Woodburn, Ore.

Aug. 17-19 Yellowstone Dragstrip Acton, Mont.

PACIFIC DIVISION

March 2-4 Firebird International Raceway Chandler, Ariz.

March 9-11 Southwestern International Raceway Tucson, Ariz.

April 20-22 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Las Vegas

May 4-6 Auto Club Dragway at California Speedway Fontana, Calif.

June 1-3 Top Gun Raceway Fallon, Nev.

Aug. 3-5 Infineon Raceway Sonoma, Calif.

Sept. 8-9 Auto Club Famoso Raceway Bakersfield, Calif.

NHRA LUCAS OIL SERIES SPECIAL EVENTS

April 20-22 Jegs.com NHRA Cajun SPORTSnationals * Belle Rose, La.

June 9 Jeg’s Allstars Joliet, Ill.

Sept. 28-30 Jeg’s NHRA Northern SPORTSnationals * Columbus, Ohio

Oct. 5-7 NHRA Pacific SPORTSnationals * Fontana, Calif.

* Top Alcohol classes not contested

Thanks for posting the schedule. I should be able to make three of the Northwest Division races:

May 25-27 Mission Raceway Mission, B.C.

We'll be at these three, no races in August again....

June 29-30 Champion Raceway Eagle Point, Ore.

2007 NHRA LUCAS OIL DRAG RACING SERIES

SOUTHEAST DIVISION
Feb. 16-18 Bradenton Motorsports Park, Bradenton, Fla.
Feb. 23-25 Gainesville Raceway, Gainesville, Fla.
March 9-11 Orlando Speed World Dragway Orlando, Fla.
March 15-18 ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals Gainesville, FL (PSM)

NORTH CENTRAL DIVISION
June 7-10 NHRA Nationals at Route 66 Raceway Chicago (PSM)
June 15-17 Route 66 Raceway, Joliet, Ill.
June 23-24 Mid-Michigan Motorplex, Stanton, Mich.

NORTHWEST DIVISION
June 15-17 Pacific Raceways, Kent, Wash.
June 29-30 Champion Raceway, Eagle Point, Ore.
July 6-8 Woodburn Dragstrip, Woodburn, Ore.
July 20-22 Schuck’s Auto Supply NHRA Nationals Seattle

PACIFIC DIVISION
February 23-25 Checker Schuck’s Kragen NHRA Nationals Phoenix
March 2-4 Firebird International Raceway,Chandler, Ariz.
March 9-11 Southwestern International Raceway, Tucson, Ariz.

April 20-22 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Las Vegas

Sept. 8-9 Auto Club Famoso Raceway, Bakersfield, Calif.

Thank's Dan for posting...this is the earliest I can ever remember NHRA having the divisional schedule available, for which I'm appreciative. BUT, they also made wholesale changes throughout which make me scratch my head and say WHAT THE......

I've taken the liberty of overlapping the national schedule with the divisional one, and some disturbing trends pop out.
Have you ever heard the joke about the husband who tells his buddies he has sex with his wife 12 times a year? They say, "Not too bad, that's once a month." The downtrodden husband replies, "No, she wants all 12 times on the same night!"
Well, that's how some of our sportsman racers who like to stay local are going to feel when racing NHRA this year!!

So you love racing and living in Florida?? You better start saving money for entry fees right now, because all 3 divisionals and your only national will be over and done within a 5 week stretch!!! Better pay the February Mortgage payment now, and start softening up the boss, with 700$ in entry fee's per car and 9 vacation days used up minimum...it's gonna be ugly by April.

Arizona is in the same boat...all 3 major races in the state are on back to back to back weekends...my boss is gonna freak!! Then to add insult to injury, they pull the season ending, signature final divisional of the year in Vegas...and move it to APRIL, and end our season in Bakersfield??

Pacific Northwest, forget that summer Vacation with the kids, all 4 of the Oregon/Washington dates are in a 6 week huddle in June and July.

The division 3 guys have a debacle as well, after 2 wonderfull back to back weekends of racing at Route 66 in Chicago, how many of the faithfull are gonna make the trip to Mid-Michigan?? Gotta think that race will suffer in car count trying to play third fiddle in that deal.

I hope it all works out, but I have to beleive this will put a strain on many a budget racer that divisionals depend on to maintain strong car counts.

"Pacific Northwest, forget that summer Vacation with the kids, all 4 of the Oregon/Washington dates are in a 6 week huddle in June and July."

Yep, it happens every year and it always rains at the Mission race but they refuse to move it to August. I have thrown in the towel at that race although I loved going there the few times it didn't rain. We stopped chasing points and now we pick and choose what's out there.

And that Acton race is half way to Omaha from here and thats a long way to go for us.

Last edited:
Your right. Mission Raceway Park is actually the closest track to where I live, but that race definitely needs to be scheduled for August.

Yeah, what they should do is swap dates with their national open. Do the open in May when not as much is at stake. I was told they sacrifice this event for the benefit of the hemi super stockers so that they can get national records. But since when did the combination of rain and national records ever attract any spectators? They can still get national records running the SS deal during a national open in May. eh?

You include the boarder hastles with the likely chance of rain and it's just not worth going up to Mission any more. Again I love the track, I love Canada, I love the people, love the facility, but if you can't race due to the weather or possibly get turned around at the boarder then why spend the $1,000 to go?

While at Las Vegas I learned that the fall race was history but decided to let NHRA announce it.

I consider myself lucky to have been able to experience it. It was, by far, the most entertaining Points race I have ever been to. I guess it's a combination of the championship battles, the car count, the tremendous performances, the finest facility in the world, and the weather.

Jenn, it looked like you were having a bunch of fun too as your cars were making rounds. I watched your celebrations on the starting line but never got a change to wander out into the pits.

For what it's worth, I do know that the tracks are in favor of the changes, Vegas for sure. The trend to back-to-back Nationals and Points races seemed to be a planned thing and I would expect it to grow.

I don't disagree with wondering what the schedule will do to car counts.

i don't think cecil will have a date in 2007. jim halsey is a dedicated ihra pro-mod racer and i always wandered why you would race in one sanction and have your track under another. not to mention when jim wasn't racing the track was awesome. the last couple years with jim at norwalk racing , the track was a skating rink. a lot of alcohol cars have stated they weren't going back anymore. mabey that is why they don't have a date. i heard the pittsburg rumor is back going again.

A little confused

Dan:

I ma a little confused about some changes ,for instance Vegas in the fall race just had the Most successful national event, points event in their history so then they decide to go and change the Points race to the spring race ??? let me think about this If I go down a Paved road with success why would anyone not go down that road again?????

i don't think cecil will have a date in 2007. jim halsey is a dedicated ihra pro-mod racer and i always wandered why you would race in one sanction and have your track under another.

They've had a Div. 1 LODRS date for years while Jim was racing in IHRA Pro Mod. If you remember, Jim used it as a tuneup race a week before he won Indy a couple years ago.

Cecil has been the third weekend in August and that is the weekend they chose for the Maple Grove national event. Cecil has a full schedule during the race season, as does Div. 1, and they have not been able to find a weekend that works.

The track is still an NHRA track.

Jim

Don your right it was the most successful Vegas National, thats why the change. LVMS wants to keep that going so it needed to keep the date the same as this year. With NHRA moving the Pomona date up for next year the date was gone for the divisional.
You cant run the div the week before it would be a nightmere, everyone would have to pull ouy of the pits on sunday night so everything could be set up for the Nats then re-parked on Wednesday.
Also with the ET Finals at Vegas next year that would make October so full at the strip it would be hard to get staffing for all those events.

I`m really getting tired of seeing the alcohol classes NOT contested at the Div. 6 opener here in Boise.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back