1 AM? ESPN, you have got to be kidding (1 Viewer)

Speed just needs to add Speed2 and give live events priority over anything else on schedule. Still do time delay tapings so that they can edit (especially in the case of drag racing, because nobody really wants to watch the safety safari for 2/3 of the event on TV).

Surely between 2 dedicated motorsports channels, you could get all your Nascar, Cart, IRL, NHRA, WoO, and highspeed walking championship coverage in without cutting someone short. You'd also have slots for the regular shows. Sure, I'd have to bump up on the next tier of Dish to have coverage, but get it all of ESPN's less than perfect for everyone coverage and give it a shot.

Hey, who cares if we have HD, and good camera images - as long as we get to see it, right?

DLB

I'm with the ESPN2 supporters on this one. Face it, it was the opening game of the baseball season. Like it or not, there's a hell of a lot more people that were going to tune in for that, then to sit and watch a live NHRA event (that immediately had an oil down), which can be horribly unpredictable as to how long it will run. There's no way in hell we were going to win this battle, but ESPN2 pre-empted the poker after the ballgame, to finish the broadcast. Somewhere on this very internet, there's a poker message board (PokerMater.com maybe? :D ) that has a group of disgruntled poker fans complaining about how they got screwed by a bunch of cars that "just go straight", and that ESPN2 is the worst network ever even though they actually step up to show the sport(?) they love so much. In my perfect world, they would've stayed live with it, and shown the sportsman runs too, but I'll watch those in tape delay in the next week or so, and love it - 'cause I could've not seen it at all.

Now, let's all go have some ice cream.

And regarding this thread.....

I'm glad it was on that late. It allowed me time to get home and set up the dvr to record it. :)

I wish they could have showed it along with the rest of the show but I am glad they did air it at 1:00 am vs not showing it at all. I think we should all be glad that we get to see as much drag racing as we do. I hate to say that I know very few people that put drag racing as a priority. NASCAR, football and baseball seem to have all the money and air time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back