1 AM? ESPN, you have got to be kidding (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
You would think that ESPN could show the final rounds on Sports Center rather than to wait until 1 AM. That's just crazy. All they have to show is 4 passes!

You would think that ESPN could show the final rounds on Sports Center rather than to wait until 1 AM. That's just crazy. All they have to show is 4 passes!

And we are being snubbed by a Baseball studio show? What the FU#K! I love baseball, but to NOT show the Final Rounds live so that we can hear two guys guess how many home runs the Mets are going to hit tonight is BULLSH!T...!!!

Yeah I don't get it either, I mean the baseball game doesnt even start for another hour, but I guess we need to hear all about how the teams went in spring season training. :rolleyes: Putting it on Sports Center would be a good idea, but I don't think ESPN think as smart as you do Rich.

Ahhh drag racing is always going to take the back seat, even to such sports as umm rock, paper scissors, or hiking...:rolleyes:

Not that I have ESPN or anything, but I can understand how you guys get ticked off. Hell I'm a Mets fan, but I don't need no pre show. How can you just cut a program...

Hey, at least at midnight, NHRA is going ahead of Poker! That's an improvement from last year.

I understand if NHRA only gets the time they pay for. But for ESPN to get cute and not accomidate the fans like this is beyond the pale. The least they could have done is planned to show the results during sports center and let the folks know to tune in at that time. But then but of course that might take time away from NASCAR.

ONE WAY OF THE OTHER THIS IS A BIG APRIL FOOLS JOKE. LIKE ANYONE WILL TUNE IN AT 1 AM.

Yeah I don't get it either, I mean the baseball game doesnt even start for another hour, but I guess we need to hear all about how the teams went in spring season training. :rolleyes: Putting it on Sports Center would be a good idea, but I don't think ESPN think as smart as you do Rich.

Ahhh drag racing is always going to take the back seat, even to such sports as umm rock, paper scissors, or hiking...:rolleyes:

Until the NHRA is smart enough to do a deal with a Network that WANTS drag racing, it will always be this way....I say they should go to Versus...That is a VERY aggressive network that has done a terrific job with the NHL this year, and they would welcome a property like the NHRA, and actually promote it, as well.....

would it have killed them to to show the last semi final in pro stock ? it would have delayed the baseball pregame show all of 30 or 40 more seconds . geeeeez !!!!

Uh, guys the finals won't start till after 5, after the baseball game starts.
Sportscenter is on ESPN, not the deuce.
The finals and the unshown portion of the semis will be 1 hour after the game
AND we're bumping NASCRAP Now!!!

This is all because of the rain, not ESPN2.
And this is the opening game of the season!

C'mon guys, at least they will be showing more: set your VCR/DVR!!!
:)

You guys do remember the 75 min rule; should've known this was gonna happen when they went "live".

JMHO!!! :):)

Last edited:
espn sucks period! i love baseball BUT its on for another 7 months, and to get bumped for a studio show on day 1- bad job! at least show jason line and jeggie run it would have taken another 30 seconds, but espn had no problem runnig the arena football 66-30 blowout over 5 minutes :mad: :mad: :mad:

**** ********!

We have got to be the only sport in the universe that has its money shot prempted by a couple of 80 IQ goobs talking about stick and ball games.

BIG frowny face.

Mark Watkins

Last edited:
Opening night for MLB with the world champ St. Louis Cardinals...why even act surprised....geez.

Have you guys noticed the "live" jinx?
Everytime the network goes live to the track, whoever is running....
gets fluid on the surface? And we end up watching the safari.
Crazy huh?

Opening night for MLB with the world champ St. Louis Cardinals...why even act surprised....geez.

Ummmm..the finals wopuld have been over in time to start the baseball game...its the fact that NHRA is being shunned for a rediculous studio show...I think that we are all, well, most of us anyway, are all smart enough to realize that we won't pre-empt a live Baseball game....

So...what is this St. Louis Cardinal thing? Is it like that red bird that cruises my backyard looking for grubs? Never saw one at the track.

When I become emperor of earth, baseball is the first thing to go. (you should have seen the looks on the faces of the local hs coaches when I made that remark in their presence.)

In the words of my pal Vahok Hill in AZ, "stick and ball sports are the tool of Satan."

Mark Watkins

Ummmm..the finals wopuld have been over in time to start the baseball game...its the fact that NHRA is being shunned for a rediculous studio show...I think that we are all, well, most of us anyway, are all smart enough to realize that we won't pre-empt a live Baseball game....

Uh, 4 pm PST, 1/2 way thru PS semis.
Baseball starts @ 5 pm

75 min between rounds!!! PSMotorcycles run their final first.
Therfore our finals start well after 5 pm.
:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back