Zappia on fire! (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]John Zappia rocked up at Willowbank International Raceway, Queensland this week from Perth, ahead of the ENZED International Nightfire New Year Series weekend on fire and ready to win. This event is Round Three of the 2008/2009 ANDRA Top Doorslammer Championship, a seven round series raced across this huge nation of Australia.

"I would firstly like to wish drag racing fans our seasons greetings, and hope everybody has a Happy New Year", said Zap, "The Zap's Rat team likes to party and I know we will be having a ball here in Queensland. I think drag racing is a welcome break from all the celebrations and doom and gloom out there in the world. We are here to run the quickest sedans in the world for our team and the fans, and I hope everybody enjoys the long burnouts and quick close racing these cars showcase".

John Zappia has had a stellar start to the new season, and currently sits on top of the Championship table on 190 points after a Round Two win in his home town of Perth. Sitting in second on 175 points is another Perth quick man Robin Judd, followed by young Benny Bray on 135 points and stalwart Gary Phillips on 130 points.

"Round Two in Perth was probably one of our best meeting performances ever, having run six fives all in row and taking the win. The Rat ran remarkably well, and taking Juddy in the final after he ran a World Record earlier in the event was satisfying".

"We competed at the last local National Open meeting in Perth, and ran four fives (5.917, 5.901, 5.921 and 5.952) to win the B Final in Top Comp, the 5.901et @ 242.58mph was a particularly strong run. Our data set is forever expanding, and giving us more insight into how these cars run. I am still learning, and enjoy the mental task of figuring out how to make them run quicker".

"The Striker Monaro is in really good condition. Our low five second tune is safe, and that is something for most of my other twelve competitors this weekend to really worry about. We know how to win, and as long as we don't get ahead of ourselves we are very confident of a win here".

Racing starts on Friday 2nd Jan, with three qualifiers at 5pm, 7pm and 9pm, and eliminations start on Saturday at around 5pm. Fans can check results at the links provided on the Zat's Rat web site Zap's Rat - Australian Top Doorslammer Champion - STRIKER Monaro Top Doorslammer

Naming Rights Sponsors
Striker Crushing and Screening
Major Sponsors
Fuchs, Force Tools Australia, Mickey Thompson, Beta Spuds, and Southside Engine Centre.
Supporting Sponsors
Crow Cams, Legend Boatbuilders, B & J Racing Transmissions, Santhuff, Aurora Bearings, Taylor Tyres, Kounis Metal Industries, Spoiler Factory, Aero Group, CIC High Performance Coatings, PPG Automotive Refinish, Current Trendz, Veem, West Coast Towing.

Attachments

• Zaponfire.jpg
    Zaponfire.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 4,089
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back