Young fan base? (1 Viewer)

Really! I'm suprised Grecian Formula hasn't become the series sponsor. One of my biggest concerns about the future of the sport is the age of the crowd ..... not withstanding Import events.

"A 2011 Scarborough Research study showed the average age of an NHRA fan was 44.86 — higher only than than the NHL (44.02) and the NBA (44.67)."

It's a pretty crappy stat...

Figure the average life expectancy for an American is about 78, and the average minimum age for someone to attend a sporting event of any kind is 10.

The average of 78 and 10 is 44.

Meaning that at any given event anywhere, it is likely that the average age of people at that event will be 44.

Unless they painstakingly recorded the age of every person entering each event over a long period of time, whether it be the NHRA, NHL, NFL, the range of error is probably larger then the difference between the three cited in the article.

And if you took those numbers they cited to be accurate, they are saying that the average NHL fan is 9 months younger then the average NHRA fan (NHRA = 44 and 10 months, NHL 44 and 1 month roughly). I don't consider 44 years old to be very young.

Go to Bonneville if you think NHRA has an aging fanbase, you will feel like a teenager!

Yeah, based on the movie, "The World's Fastest Indian", I think you are right as most of the people that they portrayed in that film were not very young. Not sure how many were actors or the real thing. Just re-watched that movie a few weeks ago as it was so good.

Yeah, based on the movie, "The World's Fastest Indian", I think you are right as most of the people that they portrayed in that film were not very young. Not sure how many were actors or the real thing. Just re-watched that movie a few weeks ago as it was so good.

Kurt, almost all of the officials are over 70! Nice people mind you but you talk about AARP in Motorsports!

So why not a Professional Import class? Pro Extreme, fields filled by real Imports built with all the modern power adders the young kids like (Turbo's, Nitrous). Cars would have to be stock dimensions and front wheel drive and run on gas. After that anything goes. I'm not a big Import fan but anything to get the interest of the young hot rodders in the Big Show.

So why not a Professional Import class? Pro Extreme, fields filled by real Imports built with all the modern power adders the young kids like (Turbo's, Nitrous). Cars would have to be stock dimensions and front wheel drive and run on gas. After that anything goes. I'm not a big Import fan but anything to get the interest of the young hot rodders in the Big Show.

Even the import (sport compact) fans don't go to those races anymore, except for two events. Those that are interested were moved into Competition Eliminator.

Even the import (sport compact) fans don't go to those races anymore, except for two events. Those that are interested were moved into Competition Eliminator.

The 2 Events that matter IMO for Pro Import is the Pan American Nationals at Atco and the Shakedown at E-Town (Pro Import was added last minute last year after years of Carlos "El Pepe Loco" Montano failing to qualify in Blown/Turbo Pro Mod. I expect a Big Import Turnout for the Shakedown).

The 2 Events that matter IMO for Pro Import is the Pan American Nationals at Atco and the Shakedown at E-Town (Pro Import was added last minute last year after years of Carlos "El Pepe Loco" Montano failing to qualify in Blown/Turbo Pro Mod. I expect a Big Import Turnout for the Shakedown).

Two Words to bring in kids:

Monster Trucks!

siteicon11.jpg

How many Pro RWD and FWD cars are left???

I still think for the average "non-car guy" fan IHRA has the right idea for promoting the sport with their Nitro Jam events.
But for the hardcore drag racing fan this format is just BS
So, I don't know what the real answer is:(
416108_10151970419625577_220260373_o.jpg

Is it possible to resample photos down to a viewable size.... 2100 x 1330 is a bit much.... not every one has over a 21" screen:mad::(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back