Would You Rather Drive? (1 Viewer)

Although I haven't driven a TF car and would like to very, very much, there is nothing like the satisfaction of having driven the finish line to perfection in a S/C car! Of course, I would take the TF ride though.

I have driven almost every other class of drag cars, including nitro funny car and nitro fuel altered. For me, the nitro fuel altered ride is absolutely the most fun. Here is a video of my deal last year at Denver running a 5.83/240.

Lyle Greenberg

Great video Lyle! I'm sure I'll replay that more than a few times, LOL.

Another good one for me would be driving Eddie Shartman's Air Lift Rattler Comet in the final round at O.C.I.R.'s 1st Manufactures Meet against the Gay Bros. Pontiac for all the marbles. Shartman was a bad hombre in 67.

TopFuel@Lions

Although I haven't driven a TF car and would like to very, very much, there is nothing like the satisfaction of having driven the finish line to perfection in a S/C car! Of course, I would take the TF ride though.

I have driven almost every other class of drag cars, including nitro funny car and nitro fuel altered. For me, the nitro fuel altered ride is absolutely the most fun. Here is a video of my deal last year at Denver running a 5.83/240.

Lyle Greenberg

Good driving job, Lyle. It was definitely looking for cones at about 900 feet.

After driving TA/FC, a Pro Stock car in top sportsman, and an A/Altered back in the late 1970's/early 1980's I've kinda got a hankering for a GA pilots license, and I wouldn't mind picking up a lightly used Cirrus SR22T while I'm at it.

Attachments

• g6-2020-carbon-hero.jpg
    g6-2020-carbon-hero.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 21
Nice little plane Randy. Of course, you could add alky and a blower...... :)
Here in Phoenix area, we have Deer Valley Airport, which is 90% private planes & a few corporate jets who don't want the hassle of Sky Harbor. It's the busiest general aviation airport in the country. We usta go there Sat mornings for breakfast & watch the planes take off and land. Resturant closed cuz of covid, so we quit going.

Nice little plane Randy. Of course, you could add alky and a blower...... :)
Here in Phoenix area, we have Deer Valley Airport, which is 90% private planes & a few corporate jets who don't want the hassle of Sky Harbor. It's the busiest general aviation airport in the country. We usta go there Sat mornings for breakfast & watch the planes take off and land. Resturant closed cuz of covid, so we quit going.

And then you have Scottsdale for all the MONEY BAG Flyboys, oh I forgot that neat little place in Cave Creek where you can park your plane in the garage at your house. Went there to buy some Vette parts, sign on the street said YEILD to Plane traffic. lol

After driving TA/FC, a Pro Stock car in top sportsman, and an A/Altered back in the late 1970's/early 1980's I've kinda got a hankering for a GA pilots license, and I wouldn't mind picking up a lightly used Cirrus SR22T
Randy
when you start flying🛩️ the Cedar City Utah Airport is very close, come on up I will pick you up in 5 minutes.
Larry Sutton---Lions starter🤠

And then you have Scottsdale for all the MONEY BAG Flyboys, oh I forgot that neat little place in Cave Creek where you can park your plane in the garage at your house. Went there to buy some Vette parts, sign on the street said YEILD to Plane traffic. lol

"MONEY BAG Flyboys" rules me out. But this place outside of Scottsdale called Sky Ranch looks pretty good. They have a 10 minute long video on their web site explaining to your visitors how to NOT get hit by an airplane when coming or going. I'd be interested in playing some golf there.

1669845002390.png

By ground you are 600 miles south of us!
I take it back about you flying ✈, 600 miles south you would be in MEXICO. I am NORTH of YOU and not 600 miles. Staying in drag racing LOL
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠
PS; Unless you moved, Fullerton is 430 miles from cedar city UT.

Last edited:
I take it back about you flying ✈, 600 miles south you would be in MEXICO. I am NORTH of YOU and not 600 miles. Staying in drag racing LOL
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠
PS; Unless you moved, Fullerton is 430 miles from cedar city UT.

I'm in Eagle, Idaho. Not The People's Republik of Kalifornia, any more. And... my driveway is 7.9 miles from the front gate of Firebird Raceway in Eagle, north of us. Closing escrow in 3 weeks!

I'm in Eagle, Idaho. Not The People's Republik of Kalifornia, any more. And... my driveway is 7.9 miles from the front gate of Firebird Raceway in Eagle, north of us. Closing escrow in 3 weeks!
Randy,
The older you get the smarter you get, moving from HELL to HEAVEN. enjoy your new home.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter 🤠
PS: my invitation to come to Utah has been reinstated to the new🦅

Randy, yer that close to Firebird? That means you gotta get a race car. How about a front motor T/D with a blown Chrysler on alky? Nice safe 6.60 combination. heh heh

Randy, yer that close to Firebird? That means you gotta get a race car. How about a front motor T/D with a blown Chrysler on alky? Nice safe 6.60 combination. heh heh

I'm thinking of applying for a job there. LOL.

I just sold this. After settling in you never know!

Randy,
The older you get the smarter you get, moving from HELL to HEAVEN. enjoy your new home.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter 🤠
PS: my invitation to come to Utah has been reinstated to the new🦅

Be careful what you say! I may show up on your front porch some day!

Big Mike and I have another saying:

"The older we get...the better we were."

👴

After driving TA/FC, a Pro Stock car in top sportsman, and an A/Altered back in the late 1970's/early 1980's I've kinda got a hankering for a GA pilots license, and I wouldn't mind picking up a lightly used Cirrus SR22T while I'm at it.
Thanks Randy! We had only made 3 previous runs in altered trim, all without wings. It was not a happy camper, so we put wings on it and this was the first ever run with the wings. I decided to "send it" and see what happens. Truth is I didn't quite put enough front wing in it and the steering was a bit "vague". For sure it took a long route. If you watch the throttle, you can see me start to click it twice after half track and then decide I had it after all. I still clicked it just a tick early as I was kind of over it.
My son-in-law and daughter just bought a SR22 earlier this year. That is one sweet plane. I've been up in it and enjoyed the heck out of it. It has some serious avionics aboard! And I like the fact that it has a parachute! Last week he just got his IFR certification and flies it a lot.

Thanks Randy! We had only made 3 previous runs in altered trim, all without wings. It was not a happy camper, so we put wings on it and this was the first ever run with the wings. I decided to "send it" and see what happens. Truth is I didn't quite put enough front wing in it and the steering was a bit "vague". For sure it took a long route. If you watch the throttle, you can see me start to click it twice after half track and then decide I had it after all. I still clicked it just a tick early as I was kind of over it.
My son-in-law and daughter just bought a SR22 earlier this year. That is one sweet plane. I've been up in it and enjoyed the heck out of it. It has some serious avionics aboard! And I like the fact that it has a parachute! Last week he just got his IFR certification and flies it a lot.

Pretty exciting stuff!

Do you know what generation SR22 they picked up? "All glass" avionics with auto pilot seems like a sweet way to go. Punch in the airport you want and it shows upon on Nav on a touch screen. Weather radar, system functions (engine parameters, etc.). Older SR22's are being converted to this. New they are around $1M, but Gen 2's and 3's can be had for less than half that. All of them are carbon fiber.

Attachments

• 52586f525d84928c6ea6456907cccee2--glass-cockpit-cirrus-sr.jpg
    52586f525d84928c6ea6456907cccee2--glass-cockpit-cirrus-sr.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 9
Pretty exciting stuff!

Do you know what generation SR22 they picked up? "All glass" avionics with auto pilot seems like a sweet way to go. Punch in the airport you want and it shows upon on Nav on a touch screen. Weather radar, system functions (engine parameters, etc.). Older SR22's are being converted to this. New they are around $1M, but Gen 2's and 3's can be had for less than half that. All of them are carbon fiber.
It is a SR22T - GTS

"MONEY BAG Flyboys" rules me out. But this place outside of Scottsdale called Sky Ranch looks pretty good. They have a 10 minute long video on their web site explaining to your visitors how to NOT get hit by an airplane when coming or going. I'd be interested in playing some golf there.

View attachment 11755
That's the place I mentioned about that had signs saying Yield to Planes on the streets. lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back