Wonder Woman wins 1981 AHRA Championship (1 Viewer)

If Shirley saw that she probably hated the term "Wonder Women" as much as "Cha Cha"

"We (Competition Plus) unearthed a rare video..."
No...Someone else uploaded a video 6 years ago. That person may have "unearthed" and it may have been rare then :)
Anyhow, thanks for the link to someones video CP.

I had never heard Shirley called Wonder Woman & also didn't know she won 1981 AHRA championship. Was wondering where Garlits was at this race.

I had never heard Shirley called Wonder Woman & also didn't know she won 1981 AHRA championship. Was wondering where Garlits was at this race.
I`d say that local reporter decided to use the term "Wonder Women" , never heard anyone else use it either.

Didnt see Garlits in this rare video I unearthed, ... i.e. Typed in AHRA 1981 , amazing skills I have, you hiring CP? :rolleyes:

Chuck Beal wins Pro Comp Funny Car. I would be on his team 14 years later when we ran the nitro car there. Pretty cool track.

If memory serves me right, she is the only driver to win the NHRA, IHRA & AHRA world championships...and I believe they were in the same year too

If memory serves me right, she is the only driver to win the NHRA, IHRA & AHRA world championships...and I believe they were in the same year too
As much as I love her, I don't think she ever won the IHRA Championship. She came close in the 90's, and I believe lost it on a technicality because she didn't go to all the events on the schedule, and Doug Herbert got bonus points for doing that.
However, it was always interesting because she was known as a 3X World Champion, and then Shirley decided that the AHRA title was just as tough, and the branding becaming 4X World Champion.

As much as I love her, I don't think she ever won the IHRA Championship. She came close in the 90's, and I believe lost it on a technicality because she didn't go to all the events on the schedule, and Doug Herbert got bonus points for doing that.
However, it was always interesting because she was known as a 3X World Champion, and then Shirley decided that the AHRA title was just as tough, and the branding becaming 4X World Champion.
I just remember Clay Millican seemed to win nearly every TF event , 52 according to IHRA stats.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back