Will Fox Sports 1 offer streaming? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
I was just on my other favorite forum (UCONN Women's Basketball) and folks were congratulating FS1 on the fine job they did on last night's UCONN / DePaul game (It was a really good game - and Fox - which is not UCONN's regular network - did a very good job.) Hope such is a harbinger of good things to come.

While I'm hopeful and looking forward to a great media upgrade - being a junkie who watched ESPN3 all day Sunday on the computer I haven't noticed a mention of FS1 streaming.

Anybody know?

I was just on my other favorite forum (UCONN Women's Basketball) and folks were congratulating FS1 on the fine job they did on last night's UCONN / DePaul game (It was a really good game - and Fox - which is not UCONN's regular network - did a very good job.) Hope such is a harbinger of good things to come.

While I'm hopeful and looking forward to a great media upgrade - being a junkie who watched ESPN3 all day Sunday on the computer I haven't noticed a mention of FS1 streaming.

Anybody know?
Nothing for sure yet, but they do have an app similar to ESPN3 called Fox Sports Go. Hopefully it's on there.

I think we all want live streaming.... like the old friday night deal! (best drag racing on TV period)

Fox Sports Go will stream most of their events, I would assume that they will stream NHRA events. If your cable provider offers FOX Sports, you can download the app and stream. If not, the only devices that will let you stream FOX Sports are Amazon Fire TV products. ROKU boxes, Chrome, etc. won't work. It's an agreement that FOX made with Amazon.

[QU OTE="Lance Peltier, post: 350730, member: 604"]Fox Sports Go will stream most of their events, I would assume that they will stream NHRA events. If your cable provider offers FOX Sports, you can download the app and stream. If not, the only devices that will let you stream FOX Sports are Amazon Fire TV products. ROKU boxes, Chrome, etc. won't work. It's an agreement that FOX made with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

If you are able to connect your laptop to your TV like I can, you can also get it with your browser.

I use the app a lot on my iPhone, I've just never seen a non-live event streamed.

In my ideal situation they would stream raw live footage, pre-final production for a tape delayed broadcast.

Heck, just a couple of camera's of coverage and Alan (or his peers) on the PA is great by me for non-live broadcasts. Something like what the PDRA guys, or D3TV (for Division 3 NHRA divisionals) would be perfect.

The recent Competition Plus article that includes a written interview with the NHRA's Ken Adelson has some good news about live streaming. It's about the 5 or 6th question into the interview, and I'm sure some will gripe upon seeing the term "premium" but I'm sure happy to see the content of his answers and I hope we get some form of the Friday night experience so many of us loved on ESPN 3 over the years.

Last paragraph of the whole article has a pretty good teaser about Friday nights.....

Thanks for posting that Jeff.
I'm optimistic by nature, so, I'm keeping an open mind about the personalities and the product.
As far as "premium" is concerned, I've always been willing to pay "something" for a weekend pass. I don't think I'm unique. Heck nothing's free - even on the InterWebs<G>.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back