Wild photos from NHRA Atlanta, one of the top 5 wildest races I've photographed... (1 Viewer)

RebilasPhoto

Nitro Member
I have photographed countless NHRA races over the last 25 years and I can absolutely put NHRA Atlanta 2014 into the top 5 wildest races I've photographed. Here are a couple to get you started. To see more please check out my photo blog.

NHRA Atlanta 2014 <---Click here

ra05A_1297a-800x547.jpg

ra05B_7833-800x538.jpg

ra05B_7476-800x575.jpg

NHRA Atlanta 2014 Photo Blog

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I commented elsewhere that your shot of Vandergriff shows the "mudflap" acting like a training wheel and may have helped keep the car from going over. It sure looks like it's plowing a furrow in the rubber. I also mangled your name - sorry for that.

Amazing pictures as always! Out of curiousity since this makes the top 5... what are the other wildest most destructive races you've shot?

You always have the most amazing pics

Amazing pictures as always! Out of curiousity since this makes the top 5... what are the other wildest most destructive races you've shot?
Phoenix 92 and Phoenix 2010 are at the top of the list, 94 World Finals are up there. Hell almost every Pomona race in the 80's and 90's was crazy with giant fields of leakers trying to make the field.

All very worthy candidates! I didn't know you were shooting races that far back. Is there any place to view the archives?

Phoenix 92 and Phoenix 2010 are at the top of the list, 94 World Finals are up there. Hell almost every Pomona race in the 80's and 90's was crazy with giant fields of leakers trying to make the field.

I'd love to see photos of those two older races. Excellent shots as always

As an old race photograper back in the 80's, yes roundy rounders for a racing paper. I truly do aprreciate great shots like you achieved on these. My wife yells cuz I still go and take some pics once in a while and enlarge them. (My son has a 2" x 6" banner of Spencer Massey on his wall) I would also like to see your old pics if it is possible. I know the work involved to scan and publish them.

Thanks for letting us see your shots.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back