Why I love Pro Mods. (1 Viewer)

Husky

Nitro Member
Being an old coot, they very much remind me of the A/GS cars and the excitement they brought.

They have diversity in their appearance although there may be too many 63 Vettes.

They're fast and noisy.

Some actually look like cars I recognize.

There are alot of them.

Last edited:
I'm completely partial to the Mustangs.... Ford Girl at heart!

index.php

I like all the pro mods, especially the 57 Chevy's. The Dr Moons Rage 57 was one of the best looking cars I have ever seen and I like the new camaro too. I agree the Studebakers make great cars as well. I like the Mustang too Erica so dont worry, (a fellow Ford person). Travis Swearingen has a neat one too. Its painted like an old rusty sign or weather wood. Its pretty neat if you havent seen it though I will say it looks 100 times better in person b/c the pics I have seen on it dont do it justice. If I knew how to post a pic I would but I dont, so maybe I can find a link for you guys if you havent seen it.

My Favorite Pro Mod Memory was from Vegas a few years ago, my buddy and I were both entered in SST, so we had resticted area passes that let us up near the starting line. So we stood in front of the tower, right next to where the cars come underneath, for the night qualifying session.
When Pro-Mod came up, Mike Ashley came around the corner with his driving suit half-up, to watch the first sets go down the track. He was standing about 2 feet from us, when a Corvette made a very out-of shape pass in the lane in front of us...when the car made a hard move to the wall about 100ft out, Mike shifted to half-crouch, and said, "C'mon man, you got this, wrestle it back over there", the driver appeared to correct on Mike's cue, but he overdid it and the Vette made a healthy move towards the center line, blacktracking hard...Mike jumped 2 or 3 steps to the right, like a coach on the sideline, or a golfer trying to coax a ball, and said, "Stay in it, stay in it, you've got it!" The Vette shifted, and never seemed to really get a hold of the track doing a slight shuffle from side to side with Mike yelling encouragement all the way..when it cleared the finish line, Mike leaped in the air with a fist pump, turned around and yelled, "Now that's a REAL Pro-Mod pass, That's what it's all about..no lifting allowed"...then he grabbed his suit, started shrugging the top half on, and said, "Whew, I gotta go get ready to run". When he came around for his shot, I looked at my buddy and said, "Think he'll get out of it?", he smiled and said "Not a Chance!!" as Mike proceeded to use up most of the lane in front us, just like the Vette!!! :D

Pro Mods are so coolllllllllllllll

No question, always a crowd favorite .Why NHRA doesn't give them their just due , I'll never know..Its time to respect them .

Pro Mods are the best... I like all of them...but I must admit I'm a bit partial to the nitrous cars....ADRL sure puts on a great show...and it seems that some of the powers that be are taking notice of that...check out this article

ADRL and "The Rockingham Effect"

And find out more about how NHRA really feels about pro mods.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back