Who was it at Pomona that was doing 3 throttle whacks during the warmups? (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
A fuel car was doing 3 throttle whacks during their warmups all weekend.
I never did find out what car it was as I was in the stands a lot.
Anyone know?
Wonder what it does to the clutch pack.

A fuel car was doing 3 throttle whacks during their warmups all weekend.
I never did find out what car it was as I was in the stands a lot.
Anyone know?
Wonder what it does to the clutch pack.
It was Spencer........It seats the clutch while putting heat through it while warming up the engine as well. Ive been around Snakes for years and i still to this day love seeing the fans and how they react (before they fall on their asses) when the throttle gets whacked

Dont think it was Spencer Massey's car, I was next to them in Grubby's pit all weekend and never heard that. I know Connie gave two for Grubby every time.

Ken

Correction...talked to my son and sorry...Yes it was Spencer Massey. He said that he always does 3.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanx Mr. Massey, Jerry and Ken!

Many of the teams stopped the throttle whacks,
so when I heard a car doing 3 of them, it was like "whoa! who is that?"

Donnie and Todd must have found something. Pretty cool.

I have worked with Glenn before,the three whacks is his signature.

Many tuners old signature. Sadly due to the clutches, not so much anymore.

One you could always tell how the car was set to run and sending his message was Tom Anderson with 4 always trying to hold the car down. And it still manged to come of or break the stands/jacks a few times. Then there would be the big smile and then bark "Hey! You better fix that we'll need it for next round" then walk off into the trailer.

"The Beard" was always good for some message sending.

And then there is Connie. Was always like a little kid over there swaying the trailers and trying to make awnings fly in the 90's. (caused the trademark 'warm up awning roll back proceedure' to be instituted over there).

Three perfectly well spaced long whacks. Billowing his signature blooming "Yellow Clouds of Kaos". I honestly think he likes that more than running the car. LOL.

Yes is was Spencer. I is real neat to see this. Also to watch first timers when he hit the throttle the first time and then 2 more. That is so cool. Yes I hope they found something and it goes into next year.

Thanx Mr. Massey, Jerry and Ken!

Many of the teams stopped the throttle whacks,
so when I heard a car doing 3 of them, it was like "whoa! who is that?"

Donnie and Todd must have found something. Pretty cool.

Was Glen Mikres tuning for anybody last weekend? He always wacks it three times.
Paul you just made me realize how bad my memory is getting because i can not even remember how many times we seated the clutch on a warm up when Glen was tuning Bodes car. I can not even remember how many we did on a warm up when Wayne was tuning Bode. I must be getting old.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back