Welcome to Speedway Indiana! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
We're here - flight in was great with lots of fans. Had dinner at the Union Jack bar . . . huge collection of 500 stuff - including a very nice display of Bob's Indy Flyer Wagon.
We had the wagon in the garage area at the track today. IRL Officials saw it and asked Bob if he would like them to put it through tech inspection . . . COOL pictures to post when I get home.
And Milka added her signature to the wagon - she was at her garage all day meeting with fans. A very gracious and humble lady - I hope she has a safe race.
It isn't drag racing, but it is fun to see a city totally invoved in a motorsports event! BTW - Red Roof Inn where we are staying offers TMobile Hotspot wifi.
Took about two minutes to connect, works flawlessly and was $29.95 for a week! :cool: More later! - Jim

Have a great-safe weekend Jim... :D

Looking forward to a full report... :cool:
Don't forget the candy... :p :eek:

Ever since I was a snot nosed kid just getting hooked on car racing, I've been a fan of the Indy 500. Even though it's somewhat of a shadow of what it used to be, it's still quite the spectacle.

Thanks for the reports!!!

Ever since I was a snot nosed kid just getting hooked on car racing, I've been a fan of the Indy 500. Even though it's somewhat of a shadow of what it used to be, it's still quite the spectacle.

Thanks for the reports!!!

I think the shadow may be lifting a bit. The crowd for final practice and the IPS series race (which was won by the pace car - :rolleyes:) was HUGE.
The area arround the track is surreal - one two lane feeder street from the freeway. Speedway is surrounded by very old residential neighborhoods with their yards filled with campers. Took us an hour to drive the mile from our motel to Georgetown Road to get to reserved parking behind pit grandstands.
We are walking to and from the race Sunday - should take about twenty minutes both ways. I can't imagine how long it would take to drive out of this mess.
One of our group surprised us today with post-race garage passes for tech inspection of top five finishers. A cool deal, and it will get us into a restricted area away from 300,000 people trying to get the hell out of there!
Final report Sunday - pictures next week!

We Jim,
It sounds like you are having a great time! I went through there last year on the way to the US Nationals. As you point out the area it was in was not what I would have expected. I think I even saw a Speedway Funeral Home.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back