Was anybody else “spooked” from the Ryan Newman stock car crash? (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
I’m so glad he’s OK. But I have to be honest when it first happened and was being reported in the press, my heart just sank, thinking - not again, please no. Conjured up some very sad memories. I was really bothered by the news - and I didn’t even watch the race at all.

Although Newman's car didn't come apart like Bruce Allen's did it was a reminder that racing can be dangerous. The hit appeared to be at the top of the cage on the drivers door side. Scary. Glad for a good outcome, it appears.

i was really spooked, as it looked like the nose of the car that hit him went right in the drivers side window opening and after the wreck it looked like the entire drivers side was caved in, plus no one said anything on his status for a long time, which is not normally good!

Why don't they have a Pro Stock type roll cage? Really bothered me that part of his roll cage seemed to collapse.

Ryan was one I followed when he drove for Dodge (I only own 2 diecast NASCAR's...his and Darrell W), and the silence surrounding his condition was unwarranted. Used to be there was a doctor that would come out to the news microphones at a podium and update us on a driver's condition as soon as it was ascertained....now with social media the delay caused Twitter to go nuts with all sorts of speculation.

I was really shocked and relieved at how good he appeared to be in the photo that was released but then saw how burned he was on his arms and back in the last photo of him walking out of the hospital (no shoes....must be burned on his feet as well). NASCAR is going to have to answer for this at some point....we don't need any more deaths and more steps need to be taken to shut the fuel off as soon as the car goes upside down to prevent those burns.

So glad Ryan is ok and walking without support. It was really scary. When Jeff Gordon signed off the air it really seemed bad.

Ryan was one I followed when he drove for Dodge (I only own 2 diecast NASCAR's...his and Darrell W), and the silence surrounding his condition was unwarranted. Used to be there was a doctor that would come out to the news microphones at a podium and update us on a driver's condition as soon as it was ascertained....now with social media the delay caused Twitter to go nuts with all sorts of speculation.

I was really shocked and relieved at how good he appeared to be in the photo that was released but then saw how burned he was on his arms and back in the last photo of him walking out of the hospital (no shoes....must be burned on his feet as well). NASCAR is going to have to answer for this at some point....we don't need any more deaths and more steps need to be taken to shut the fuel off as soon as the car goes upside down to prevent those burns.

I think HIPAA laws might play a role in this

I watched the race and saw the wreck as it happened. And yes, it seemed to be a lot worse than turned out to be, thank goodness.
My wife and I did notice it seemed like forever before the emergency crew got there. I realize the track is longer than the quarter mile and Safety Safari's quick response I'm used.
I don't follow NASCAR, but do they have just one safety crew or do they have multiple ones stationed at different locations around the track?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back