VIDEO of Tim Tindle P/M Indy crash (1 Viewer)

I just don't get why the stands aren't packed when Pro Mod is running. I would LOVE to see that class in Brainerd. Edge of your seat action all the way.

I just don't get why the stands aren't packed when Pro Mod is running. I would LOVE to see that class in Brainerd. Edge of your seat action all the way.

That baffles me too. I see it on Gainseville as well. If the "fans" that leave actually stay and watch, they might actually, you know.... enjoy it! :rolleyes:

When I click on the link my anti virus program alerts me to a virus on the site and blocks it.

I never understood that mentality. They don't get into their seats until they hear fuel cars running, and leave as soon as they're done.

Because standing at the end of a pit waiting for a one minute warmup on alky, as opposed to watching racing on a quarter-mile, is what makes drag racing "far out"... ;)

I hate harping about "back in the day", but before the rolling car condos and 40 minute TV turn-arounds, going to the pits was a true close up of what made these cars tick. Up-close and personal has been replaced by staring at a pair of tires and either a rear end, a wing or a fuel tank. And we have been so conditioned to go "to the pits" after nitro, because all the stars were there, that even when it started to SUCK and there was nothing to see, we still came, like lemmings.

The last few times I've been out on Sunday, I found it was a much more enjoyable day to find a good GA seat at 900 feet and hope the beer and soda guys made regular laps to my section. Sunday pits was like hanging out in the Tokyo subway during rush hour for fun....

TF goes 3.80
FC goes 4.10
TAD goes 5.30
TAFC goes 5.60
PM goes 5.90
PS goes 6.50
PSM goes 6.90

how many g*d*mn classes does nhra need!?....i would NEVER sit thru a qualifying session involving all
these classes......lucky if i make it thru 3.

is a rigid chassis TAFC @ 5.60 safer than a suspension chassis promod @ 5.90?
of the classes listed above, if one has considerably more crashes than the others, don't you have to ask
why?, and is the class inherently more risky than the others?, maybe that's why so many other
promod races run only to the 1/8?
don't know, just asking

Up-close and personal has been replaced by staring at a pair of tires and either a rear end, a wing or a fuel tank. And we have been so conditioned to go "to the pits" after nitro, because all the stars were there, that even when it started to SUCK and there was nothing to see, we still came, like lemmings.

Really don't understand the fan mindset that attends NHRA big show races. It certainly is no longer the place for "hands on" enthusest.

I have attended all of the Saturday night Nitro events at Famosa. 16 funnycars. You can walk right into any pit, and if you do, someone is liable to ask you to help get the headers off of one set of heads and onto another.

How it used to be still happens.

Really don't understand the fan mindset that attends NHRA big show races. It certainly is no longer the place for "hands on" enthusest.

I have attended all of the Saturday night Nitro events at Famosa. 16 funnycars. You can walk right into any pit, and if you do, someone is liable to ask you to help get the headers off of one set of heads and onto another.

How it used to be still happens.

Yup... We see that here at SWIR Tucson...

TF goes 3.80
FC goes 4.10
TAD goes 5.30
TAFC goes 5.60
PM goes 5.90
PS goes 6.50
PSM goes 6.90

how many g*d*mn classes does nhra need!?....i would NEVER sit thru a qualifying session involving all
these classes......lucky if i make it thru 3.

is a rigid chassis TAFC @ 5.60 safer than a suspension chassis promod @ 5.90?
of the classes listed above, if one has considerably more crashes than the others, don't you have to ask
why?, and is the class inherently more risky than the others?, maybe that's why so many other
promod races run only to the 1/8?
don't know, just asking

I sit through all of those but PS and PSM!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back