Used Simpson firesuit (1 Viewer)

holeshot

Nitro Member
Hi all just wondering I'm sellin some stuff for a friend of mine and he gave me this firesuit (simpson)diest boots,arm restraints,inner shoes,head sock.Question is,I put them on ebay and not one question or bid.I sell alot of stuff but maybe way over priced what do you guys think this stuff is worth?Suit size is unknown but Im 6'2"and it would be right length for me but its set up for someone that doesn't have a 6 pack stomach made from miller brewing co.Boots are nice leather on bottom no holes no fire(looks to me) they say 10 inside.Any help would be great I want to relist these but I want to get some feedback thanks all.The suit is a 3.2a/20 and the boots are 3.3/20

Does the -20 suit have a dated tag of when it was last inspected?
Because the firesuit has to have a current date (from the maker) w/ the -20 tag, it is trash..Or you could try and send it back and see if they will issue a dated SFI tag..
I sold my -20 suits around 2004 as the rules changed then regarding -20 suits...

Does the -20 suit have a dated tag of when it was last inspected?
Because the firesuit has to have a current date (from the maker) w/ the -20 tag, it is trash..Or you could try and send it back and see if they will issue a dated SFI tag..
I sold my -20 suits around 2004 as the rules changed then regarding -20 suits...

only dates are inside there is a small tag 1/4" x 1/2" that says 7/94 other than that on left sleeve right on the arm restraint it has the sfi tag 3.3 date of man. but nothing there

Simpson is real bad about recertifying suits......
It won't be a 20 when it comes back..........they'd rather sell you a new one !!

Chris...7/94 is a long time ago for SIMPSON to send it back as a -20 suit...
Simpson might send it back as a -15 @ best but w/ that date my guess is the suit is not usable (legally)..

If it were I who was going to wear a suit that needed -20, I'm afraid I wouldn't wear it, unless it were recertified.
Lee
Nitroclovers

Thanks for all the info i think i'll just give it back to owner.He (doc Halladay) got it with some stuff he bought to build his car.The boots are still ok to relist or do these have a bunch of that great sfi rules.I love safety but can't stand replacing parts that are in perfect condition.

Each Part of the suit has SFI rules. Read up on them, don't know what you have till you read. Good luck!
Lee
Nitroclovers

Look for some sand drag message boards/forums/web sites.
Rules for sand drags are very liberal, and the sand dragsters generally will jump on good used safety equipment.
They don't require dated belts and so on.

Just my $.02

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back