Updates from the Pat and Walt Austin's camp ? (1 Viewer)

sparky

Nitro Member
Anyone have any news from there camp since nhra put the cabosh on there engine program they were developing ?

I don't want to speak for them but last I knew Walt still wanted to race but Pat wanted to be involved in his kid's sporting activities. Pat was a highly respected football player himself.

I think it's been there done that for Pat. Walt was involved in the racing taking place at Sheldon WA Airport but I'm not sure that is still in play.

When they were a team they owned top alcohol funny car.

I don't want to speak for them but last I knew Walt still wanted to race but Pat wanted to be involved in his kid's sporting activities. Pat was a highly respected football player himself.

I think it's been there done that for Pat. Walt was involved in the racing taking place at Sheldon WA Airport but I'm not sure that is still in play.

When they were a team they owned top alcohol funny car.

Mmmmm..., they were Killer Top/Fuel racers as well (sometimes BOTH CLASSES at the same time...!!!) if memory serves...:D

Last edited:
"Walt's" has been sold and is under different ownership (the business, but not the real-estate... no dummy, that Walt...). Their subsequent venture, 'Austin's Pro Max' exists, but with far fewer lacations than 'Walt's'. I think the race-shop out in Fredrickson houses a pushrod (?) manufacturing business. ...cool location, right next to where the dragster chassis are born...

--M--

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back