Uncapped Race cars on a Busy street! (1 Viewer)

I saw the japan video, and I found this here in the USA!

Burnouts open headers on the street - YouTube

Okay....aside from the charity stuff (sanctioned and permitted displays posted), am I in the minority saying this is hormonal 13yr old stuff? Sanctioned Drag Racing spent years trying to fight this image of careless street racing. I have never heard someone say "those damn NASCAR idiots" when this stuff goes down on public streets....it comes home to roost on my favorite sport.

Last edited:
In Australia they take your car off you for doing a burnout, 48 hours first time, 28 days for second offence and they will eventually crush your car if you keep getting caught, not just burnouts either, plenty of other offences where you lose your car and it costs a fortune to get your ride back to the point where the cost to get your car back is more than the car is worth so they dont bother getting it out.

Are there any such laws in any parts of the US??

Drag racing has been trying to distance itslef from this sort of stuff for years but here they always link drag racing to this everytime some fools decide to race on the street and take out some innocent motorist.

And what are the guys in the actual drag cars thinking????

I have seen a funny car do a skid at a street party but they had the ok from the local police and it was 15 or more years ago. Doubt it would get the ok to happen today.

Okay....aside from the charity stuff (sanctioned and permitted displays posted), am I in the minority saying this is hormonal 13yr old stuff? Sanctioned Drag Racing spent years trying to fight this image of careless street racing. I have never heard someone say "those damn NASCAR idiots" when this stuff goes down on public streets....it comes home to roost on my favorite sport.

You ask why we do this kind of stuff. Watch this video shot last night of a guy in his old gasser and catch the response from his daughter at the end. NHRA would never let this happen at the track. Model A gasser Camarillo Car Show - YouTube

BTW, there were other much faster cars doing the same thing last night.

You would be in the minority.

In Australia they take your car off you for doing a burnout, 48 hours first time, 28 days for second offence and they will eventually crush your car if you keep getting caught, not just burnouts either, plenty of other offences where you lose your car and it costs a fortune to get your ride back to the point where the cost to get your car back is more than the car is worth so they dont bother getting it out.

Are there any such laws in any parts of the US??

Drag racing has been trying to distance itslef from this sort of stuff for years but here they always link drag racing to this everytime some fools decide to race on the street and take out some innocent motorist.

And what are the guys in the actual drag cars thinking????

I have seen a funny car do a skid at a street party but they had the ok from the local police and it was 15 or more years ago. Doubt it would get the ok to happen today.

Darren, on another board they said this was in protest to the closing of the local Dragstrip!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back