Tuesday PS (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
They announced pro stock is on tuesday for az, cant they make it the same night as nitro at least. Everybody is going to know who won ps before hand and nobody will watch. Kinda hard to.stay away from fb and internet,thats going to spoil it. Thx again nhra.

They announced pro stock is on tuesday for az, cant they make it the same night as nitro at least. Everybody is going to know who won ps before hand and nobody will watch. Kinda hard to.stay away from fb and internet,thats going to spoil it. Thx again nhra.
Link to the article?

E9BCEBC8-18AC-4E7C-8B56-F4E4DF7B6EFB.jpeg

And after the az nitro sunday nationals ,nothing on but reruns,could easily make it right after nitro,but it seems nhra wants that class dead

Last edited:
We get an extra show dedicated to P/S on another night......as long as it's not relegated to FS2 I'm happy. This isn't Monday Night Football...I welcome more days of drag racing coverage

Sunday is a LIVE 2 hour Nitro show, that works for me. Plus Pro Stock gets their own devoted hour.

Unless they aren't starting eliminations until noon local time, Sunday isn't live. Pro Finals run at 4:20pm local.. 6:20pm eastern. They will be over as the show is starting.

I think if you look at the other tv shows scheduled at upcoming events, this is the only time Pro Stock is on a split off show. It looks like they only had a 2 hour window to work with, so instead of hacking the main show to pieces they gave Pro Stock their own show so it is still 3 hours worth of eliminations. I noticed Houston is also only a 2 hour show, but Pro Stock is not contested there so there is no reason for an extra show.

why even do this?.....you $pend production hours to produce a unique 1 hour show different from your tape delayed, same day broadcast of nitro finals. you buy a 1 hour slot on fox sports.
how much has nhra already spent? and for how many eyeballs? maybe the nielsen ratings will be posted for this experiment?......and then of course the obvious. it's 2 days delayed in an instant world.
there's an effort of some sort being made here. don't quite understand it......as dave mentioned, maybe it is an isolated program for the AZ race only?

Last edited:
Fun fact to know and share. The network owns their own time. NHRA does not tell FOX when stuff will air. At the end of the day it is weird for me that someone who loves drag racing would not want to have an opportunity to see fresh programming during the week. No one seems to freak out at the prospect of the pro mod class having their show air days after the end of a race, right?

The fact is that the Pro Stock class will get 46 minutes of coverage in an hour show of their own, more than doubling their normal exposure in an eliminations show. Additionally, there is content in this show that WILL NOT be seen anywhere else, like a full on, wide-open shop tour of KB Racing that is so comprehensive it will be aird in parts.

If you think that the path of killing a class is petitioning a network for more and varied time slots to allow fans to see it in an expanded and comprehensive form with nothing else to detract from it, that's pretty whack.

Brian

Fun fact to know and share. The network owns their own time. NHRA does not tell FOX when stuff will air. At the end of the day it is weird for me that someone who loves drag racing would not want to have an opportunity to see fresh programming during the week. No one seems to freak out at the prospect of the pro mod class having their show air days after the end of a race, right?

The fact is that the Pro Stock class will get 46 minutes of coverage in an hour show of their own, more than doubling their normal exposure in an eliminations show. Additionally, there is content in this show that WILL NOT be seen anywhere else, like a full on, wide-open shop tour of KB Racing that is so comprehensive it will be aird in parts.

If you think that the path of killing a class is petitioning a network for more and varied time slots to allow fans to see it in an expanded and comprehensive form with nothing else to detract from it, that's pretty whack.

Brian
Id love to to see fresh programming for ps, but not during the week when the race is over days ago, some fans will watch it but most fans wont bc of the time delay,its like going back in the 1990's and watching the drags days later after the results are posted wherever. Show it the same day at least. Help ps dont hurt it!

The fact is that the Pro Stock class will get 46 minutes of coverage in an hour show of their own, more than doubling their normal exposure in an eliminations show. Additionally, there is content in this show that WILL NOT be seen anywhere else, like a full on, wide-open shop tour of KB Racing that is so comprehensive it will be aired in parts.
Brian

That's gonna be some show....bet the KB shop looks like a sauna with all the towels covering everything

~:)~

Brian

This is EXACTLY where I'm at with this deal, especially the point you make about the Pro Mod show. I LOVE that show, no matter the delay, and if the Pro Stock show is anywhere near the quality of that show, I'd rather have it that way than the sub-par attention the class currently gets on the main broadcast.

Sean D

Brian
Maybe they will show us that blown up motor LOL

A one hour show devoted to the Pro Camaro class?
How exciting is that?
All Camaro, all the time.
Uh, no thanks.

I think it's a great idea, you will see other makes in future.Look at street outlaw cars, hell they are running BA hemis in chevys fords you name it, it just doesn't matter anymore.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back