Toyota in Super Stock (1 Viewer)

JB3

Nitro Member
Was looking over the Pomona entry list. Maybe I am just too young (early 40's), but is this a first in NHRA history?

714K SS/EX Scott Kelley Anaheim Hills CA '09 Toyota Toyt 158 TOYO TIRES BULLET

Is it front wheel drive? Let's hope he doesn't break an axle, spill fluid and hold everything up for the other racers. :rolleyes:

I'm glad the NHRA is opening doors for those guys/gals, if they can run the numbers....Bring it!

Scott is a old time VW racer that worked his butt off and got a factory Toyota deal. His father Larry ran his VW in Super Gas a few years ago. They do a pretty good job for Toyo and Toyota.

Justin, I'm pretty sure you remember his Fastback. It looked like his Toyota and was also called the Toyo Tires Bullet....

Looks like they couldn't get it under the index... I say good luck. These guys (import racers) spent a lot and deserve a place to race.

38 714K L/A Scott Kelley, Anaheim Hills CA, '08 Toyota 10.015 9.49 0.525

L/A is a tougher class than most people think. I am pretty sure they got it closer to the index than the run that you listed, but running a FWD car in a class that has had it's index lowered by one heck of a smart guy in a RWD car he has been running for a really long time isn't an easy thing to do.

Was looking over the Pomona entry list. Maybe I am just too young (early 40's), but is this a first in NHRA history?

714K SS/EX Scott Kelley Anaheim Hills CA '09 Toyota Toyt 158 TOYO TIRES BULLET

Naa--back in the 70's there was a great class called modified compact. Chopped + channeled Karmin Ghias about knee high--Paula Murphy drove a Datsun--and i seem to remember a front engine Datsun dragster winning comp around that time also? Id love to see some old pics to jog my memory.

I met Scott dad when we raced Al's F/D at Topeka in 2005. They are good folks and I wish them well. That car was not competitive in comp, so I'm glad to see them try SS-I hope they do well there.

L/A is a tougher class than most people think. I am pretty sure they got it closer to the index than the run that you listed, but running a FWD car in a class that has had it's index lowered by one heck of a smart guy in a RWD car he has been running for a really long time isn't an easy thing to do.

I think any class in Comp is tough, you had better have some $$$ in those motors or your gonna be on the wrong side of the number pretty quick!

I think any class in Comp is tough, you had better have some $$$ in those motors or your gonna be on the wrong side of the number pretty quick!

Actually the guy Frederick is talking about (Allyn Armstrong) is so smart, he didn't spend anywhere as much on his motor (he built it himself) as you'd think.

Scott is a old time VW racer that worked his butt off and got a factory Toyota deal. His father Larry ran his VW in Super Gas a few years ago. They do a pretty good job for Toyo and Toyota.

Justin, I'm pretty sure you remember his Fastback. It looked like his Toyota and was also called the Toyo Tires Bullet....

Hey Gary... Of course I do. I can see it in my head.

One round of Super Stock before the rains came:

714K SS/EX Scott Kelley, Anahiem Hills CA, '09 Corolla 9.687 10.20 -0.513

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back