Tony Stewart NHRA Announcement Thursday 11am (1 Viewer)

probably, but when i see a communion as such as this, i immediately reflect back to connie/shirley, Tommy/melanie, richie/erica. All Seemed like matches made in heaven, initially, but then . . . . . . . . .

on the plus side, Force's daughter and Rahal seem to be still going strong!
Because she is no longer driving! She is being a stay at home mom!

I think the Dodge paint scheme shown this weekend is temporary, it's just a teaser. Leah mentioned there would be a big announcement coming from Dodge in 2 weeks and is pretty excited about it. Will be interesting to see how far Dodge is going to jump in and if they are going to be the Primary sponsor or something else. Could be very good for the sport.

Bobby said this nearly 2 months ago, not sure why people put these wild theories about them going to Ford out there.
This is why…
D1675FD7-18D2-4113-A592-AE9C9563FABD.jpeg

I still thinking that TSR will be a Ford team. Tony Stewart said that the TSR drag racing team will be housed in the same building as his sprint car team which is a Ford team. I can't imagine that Dodge and Ford would be cool sharing the same building, but that's just me.

All of the Mopar excitiment at Vegas with Hagan and Pruett were with DSR. I don't think if Mopar was going with TSR, DSR would be in such support of Mopar at this juncture. I could be totally wrong.

We will all find out pretty soon, maybe as soon as this week. I will leave this, DSR will likely be a 1 TF team next year, where will the Dodge/Mopar $ go? They have spent a ton $ of money on Leah and Matt and you see Leah's face all over Dodge/Mopar advertising, do you really think they are going to walk away from all of that and start something new? Hell, for all that I know, they could be jumping ship, I am just trying to look at this logically. I will say Bobby's record with his rumors is nothing like the old Agent and when he puts something out there it usually turns into facts.

At this point it is inconclusive who will be with the T. Suwart team. Lease wise the Mopar website hasn't tipped their hat yet, but the say that an announcement on Nov. 8th will happen.

With regards to DSR, here's my (bold) prediction; Johnson Jr. comes back to run a FC and Capps moves to T/F. ;)

gino, i like your thinking. capps to TF (or should we say 'back to TF'). that is an intriguing thought...... it's sounds like the private family is only funding tony to a certain extent,
and as tony mentioned in an interview, they will be looking to partner with others on a per race/s basis. to still have napa and their network on your side would be good.
if mopar is leaving DSR, where would that leave capps in regards to factory support for FC bodies? ........ can't believe i'm guessing at all this. oh well, it's fun :D

At this point it is inconclusive who will be with the T. Suwart team. Lease wise the Mopar website hasn't tipped their hat yet, but the say that an announcement on Nov. 8th will happen.

With regards to DSR, here's my (bold) prediction; Johnson Jr. comes back to run a FC and Capps moves to T/F. ;)
Capps to T/F? Highly doubt it. Capps is the World of outlaws sprint car driver in F/C! Look at the save he did avoiding the sand trap. He's too good at F/C, Why change???

Here is a look inside of the TSR shop. That 25,000 square foot shop is going to shrink pretty fast if he houses 2 sprint car teams and a top fuel and funny car team out of that facility.

Last edited:
Capps to T/F? Highly doubt it. Capps is the World of outlaws sprint car driver in F/C! Look at the save he did avoiding the sand trap. He's too good at F/C, Why change???
because history usually repeats itself, just like a couple very famous drivers from the not so distant past.

because history usually repeats itself, just like a couple very famous drivers from the not so distant past.
just remember a TF car is cheaper to run so a guy starting out as an owner may go that way. I really doubt Capps would do it unless that's only way to keep a ride.

I still thinking that TSR will be a Ford team. Tony Stewart said that the TSR drag racing team will be housed in the same building as his sprint car team which is a Ford team. I can't imagine that Dodge and Ford would be cool sharing the same building, but that's just me.

All of the Mopar excitiment at Vegas with Hagan and Pruett were with DSR. I don't think if Mopar was going with TSR, DSR would be in such support of Mopar at this juncture. I could be totally wrong.
Sadly, despite many signs pointing to TSR going to Ford or at least away from Dodge, this looks like confirmation that neither is the case. For those who don’t know, Sweepstakes1901 is Edsel Ford II.

Attachments

• DDF6FE98-6F39-4ECE-99AA-F00D7D01E135.jpeg
    DDF6FE98-6F39-4ECE-99AA-F00D7D01E135.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 219
Adam Stern posted yesterday that Dodge is looking at coming back to NASCAR and the rumor mill is pointing to Stewart Haas Racing as the landing spot for them.
255429944_10224622993940608_890399271051525900_n.jpg

Definitely and interesting situation. As mentioned before, Ford has put a ton of effort into their sprint car motor program with TSR. Stewart Hass Racing is also a Ford backed team in NASCAR. Just a couple of weeks ago Ford presented Tony with the 14th Bronco off of the assembly-line. It would appear that Ford is heavily invested in all things Tony Stewart and the fact that Tony said the NHRA team would share space in the sprint car shop would lead me to believe Ford would be the manufacture of TSR.

But on the other hand you have both Leah, Matt and Mopar really pushing the latest new Mopar campaign.

I love the silly season.

When my wife and I went to Indy in 2004, we were driving around the town and we somehow went by Stewart’s shop.
There was a trailer outside with his name on it and Mopar was very prominently displayed on it.
I shot a couple of pictures of it but I’ll be darned if I can find it. It’s on one of my external drives.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back