Tony Pedregon rants (1 Viewer)

maxcackle

Nitro Member
Tired of hearing Tony talk about how the track is fine at Epping and it’s the crew chiefs fault they can’t get down the track if you know what you’re talking about why don’t you get a job as a crew chief instead of a talentless sportscaster

Tired of hearing Tony talk about how the track is fine at Epping and it’s the crew chiefs fault they can’t get down the track if you know what you’re talking about why don’t you get a job as a crew chief instead of a talentless sportscaster
Track prep and the weather is the same for everybody, get used to it or figure out how to adjust to it. That being said Tony probably has forgetting more about tuning a fuel car than you will ever know.
Rick

I'M LIKE A DOG WHEN I HEAR TONY P..........BLAH ........BLAH.....BLAH.....BLAH..........I DON'T CARE WHAT IT IS.........AND THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT DUNN.......JUST SAYIN.......

Especially Cruz the well known complainer!
Maybe he was trying to earn some points!
Since NHRA started messing with track prep to slow down the cars I get what Shawn was talking about. Tickets aren’t cheap now-a-days! They could make track temp irrelevant if they treated it like they use to! Matt Hagen has even said stuff about the prep too!
When car after car smokes the tires doesn’t make a good show now does it!
Insurance companies have a lot of say!

where does it end?......1/4 mile ended in 2008.....1000' record performances ended last year after the winters when millican almost ran a 3.5.
this sport was unbelievable to watch until 2008. watched et's dip into low 4.40's. watched mph go to 337.
cut off 320' and watched for 10 years. 3.80's fell into low 3.60's. 310mph suddenly was back to almost 340.
nhra professional racing no longer chases records, they just race.
now us older fans who can appreciate a great run need to understand temperature and air quality. that 3.893 mite be the best FC run of the weekend.
like it or not, less track prep is the next chapter, and IMO a hell of a lot better than shortening the track again.

What Mike and David said. I am with Cruz on this one. The younger folks go right to social media to belly-ache. The older drivers may go to the race director and voice their views directly. The crew chiefs need to flippin' tune for the track and conditions. I watched that session and actually got a kick out of all these cars overpowering the track, I grew up with cars overpowering the track. Remember, at least us older geezers recall tuning done somewhat be "reading" the plugs after a run. For those of you doggin' Tony about his broadcasting/announcing, you guys try it. It is not always easy or appreciated, especially with the young pups who can't wait to get on social media seconds after a event and whine and snivel on the web.

TopFuel@Lions

What Mike and David said. I am with Cruz on this one. The younger folks go right to social media to belly-ache. The older drivers may go to the race director and voice their views directly. The crew chiefs need to flippin' tune for the track and conditions. I watched that session and actually got a kick out of all these cars overpowering the track, I grew up with cars overpowering the track. Remember, at least us older geezers recall tuning done somewhat be "reading" the plugs after a run. For those of you doggin' Tony about his broadcasting/announcing, you guys try it. It is not always easy or appreciated, especially with the young pups who can't wait to get on social media seconds after a event and whine and snivel on the web.

TopFuel@Lions

Could it be that maybe drivers are afraid to air their grievances to the people directly in charge for whatever reason? I mean come on, Larry Morgan tried that and they fined him. If I recall, he even made a shirt about it and the NHRA told him to stop selling it!

Man I remember "the good old days" of racing when I was a kid. Does anybody remember how many aborted runs there were? A lot. The spreads from low to 16th qualifier were big. And carnage? Lots of it, and the cleanups in between were like torture. Just saying, things were never perfect, aren't now, and will never be. But I try to enjoy the good stuff going on in drag racing today. And Tony P? Yeah he's not a natural at announcing, but he's gotten better, and actually cracks me up at times. But we also have Brian, Alan, Bruno, Lewis Bloom and others that are as good, IMO, as anyone we've ever had.

and the conditions were 100% BETTER lower air temp lower track temp..........

Q1 ETs of funny car crew chiefs that managed to "reel-in" 12,000 HP:

Tommy Johnson Jr. - 4.069
Jack Beckman - 4.117
Ron Capps - 4.039
J.R. Todd - 4.122
Bob Tasca III - 4.115
Matt Hagan - 4.166
Cruz Pedregon - 4.184

All of these cars had a clean pass in Q1! A good run doesn't have to be a 3.9 run when conditions aren't great!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back