TJ's still got it (1 Viewer)

I'm a big TJ fan. But lots of sidelined drivers still "have it". What many don't have, is the money. What the sport needs, is a better business model. But this is a very beaten-to-death topic, so I won't even start...Nonetheless, good to see TJ get some seat time.

No surprises here. Jumps in the car and runs two 3.8s.

I'm all for being impressed by a driver, but doesn't a pair of 3.80's belong to the crew and CC more so than the driver? If you said he cut a series of 0.020 lights I'd be on the band wagon with you, but like many here, I say there's a whole BUNCH of capable drivers out there, just waiting for the right checkbook to ride into town. Hell, I am sure Frank Bradley would saddle up and race again if it was on someone else's dime, and he could tune the car as well as drive, but then he's not too keen on NHRA's suits, and having too much fun with those sand rails on the dunes.

I'm all for being impressed by a driver, but doesn't a pair of 3.80's belong to the crew and CC more so than the driver? If you said he cut a series of 0.020 lights I'd be on the band wagon with you, but like many here, I say there's a whole BUNCH of capable drivers out there, just waiting for the right checkbook to ride into town. Hell, I am sure Frank Bradley would saddle up and race again if it was on someone else's dime, and he could tune the car as well as drive, but then he's not too keen on NHRA's suits, and having too much fun with those sand rails on the dunes.

I guess you'll have to forgive me. I was happy to see one of my favorite drivers back in a car, even if only temporary. I'm not one that subscribes to the theory that drivers have no effect on the performance of the car. Either way, I'm still happy to see TJ in a fuel car, look forward to seeing him run the nostalgia fuel car, and hope he's back in competition soon. Your mileage may vary.

I guess you'll have to forgive me.

hey, that's like a basketball player being grazed by another player, then hitting the floor, screaming, and grabbing their knee trying to draw a foul from the refs. It wasn't THAT bad

I get it Charles, you like TJ....cool....I wish there were 32 car fields, but then there would still be drivers left out.

I'm not one that subscribes to the theory that drivers have no effect on the performance of the car.

clearly.

but then a driver can't make the car faster by mashing the loud pedal down any farther than someone else.....they can however keep it in the groove and make as few deviations as possible, which makes for a quicker pass than a sloppy run, so I suppose I don't "subscribe to the theory" either.....and then there's always the race day reaction times....btw...whose theory is it? it deserves a name. may I suggest the "drivers get all the TV time and don't really make that big of a difference in performance paradigm" ? too long....we can work on the name I suppose.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back