Tiger Scelzi (1 Viewer)

!

Nitro Member
After watching Scelzi joking with Zippy on the golf course, I know some racers have a pretty serious golf handicap. Who is the best golfer. and what are their handicaps

Well, this'll tell ya how much I don't know about Golf. What is a scratch Golfer? I'm thinking maybe one who shoots par? I honestly don't have a clue. :confused:

A "scratch golfer" is somebody who has a handicap (index) around 0. Your handicap actually changes depending on the "slope" rating (difficulty)of the course. Instead of a handicap all golfers actually have an index...to figure out your handicap most courses have a chart where you plug in your index and the slope and it will give you your handicap for that particular course from the set of tees you are playing from. For example my 4.7 index at my course gives me a 5 handicap. If I was at a harder course I may be a 6 or 7 handicap and if it was easier I would get less strokes. Hope this helps out!

A "scratch golfer" is somebody who has a handicap (index) around 0. Your handicap actually changes depending on the "slope" rating (difficulty)of the course. Instead of a handicap all golfers actually have an index...to figure out your handicap most courses have a chart where you plug in your index and the slope and it will give you your handicap for that particular course from the set of tees you are playing from. For example my 4.7 index at my course gives me a 5 handicap. If I was at a harder course I may be a 6 or 7 handicap and if it was easier I would get less strokes. Hope this helps out!

It does and thanks........Now, if I could get to play enough to help my index:eek:

That's not what I heard!
OK, that was a joke, only a joke!
(boy have I opened myself up for a retaliatory strike from MM?)

Doc, I'm laughing so hard that I can't even think of a comeback! Gimme a few days, k? I may have to PM my retaliation to you though. This is the new Mater and there's a possibility that my remarks might not be respectable enough. :p :eek: :D

*Mods, I'm only playing!*

Doc, I'm laughing so hard that I can't even think of a comeback! Gimme a few days, k? I may have to PM my retaliation to you though. This is the new Mater and there's a possibility that my remarks might not be respectable enough. :p :eek: :D

*Mods, I'm only playing!*
I believe total disrespect would only scratch the surface of what I've earned after spewing such slanderous bile.
Can I be spanked?

Waste of Airtime

This Scelzi Says Thing on the ESPN broadcasts are a joke!!! The time they waste on that could be used showing more Pro Stock action. It amazes me how Pro Nitro NHRA and IHRA have always and continue to be. All professional classes should get equal billing, I am sure it costs as much or more to run a competive Pro Stock car as does a nitro car. Look at all the time they spend talking to the fuel racers versus what they spend on the Pro Stock teams, I wish the Pro Stock teams would band together boycott a few races but hell this probably would make the novice fans happy because they have no idea what a Pro Stock car is about since the only thing you ever see assocaited with NHRA is 330 mph dragsters and funny cars. Oh yeah, those type cars invented the sport I forgot.

This Scelzi Says Thing on the ESPN broadcasts are a joke!!! The time they waste on that could be used showing more Pro Stock action. It amazes me how Pro Nitro NHRA and IHRA have always and continue to be. All professional classes should get equal billing, I am sure it costs as much or more to run a competive Pro Stock car as does a nitro car. Look at all the time they spend talking to the fuel racers versus what they spend on the Pro Stock teams, I wish the Pro Stock teams would band together boycott a few races but hell this probably would make the novice fans happy because they have no idea what a Pro Stock car is about since the only thing you ever see assocaited with NHRA is 330 mph dragsters and funny cars. Oh yeah, those type cars invented the sport I forgot.

Scelzi Says adds a different perspective to the show. For the most part, I find those segments to be entertaining. As for your comment on sponsorship of a nitro car vs. a Pro Stock car, the budgets of the top teams in the two categories can vary by roughly 1.5 to 2 million dollars per year and it is not in favor of a Pro Stock car.

I enjoy "Scelzi says " as well...

Although I think I could enjoy a round with those guys..I thought I was watching " Me" trying to hit the ball. Maybe Jeff, you can give some lessons next time you roll into "Thunder Valley ." :D

Scelzi says is a waste of space.:rolleyes: That being said, I really felt sorry for the tv dude dodging all the bad hits from him.:D

I like all the 'extras' on the ESPN coverage... Wildthing makes it bearable
But then we could have just 2 hours straight of pass after pass, kill the top end interviews and everything else, just post times, and lose the 'unenlightened'. :eek:
Then we could have nothing but Paul or Marty for two hours and Mike could go back to driving ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back