Thoughts for Memorial Day Weekend (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
The following is part of an email I received from a friend and former racer. He has had the good fortune to be friends with Brigadier General, ret. Paul Tibbets for the last 35 years. General Tibbets was the pilot of the Enola Gay in World War II. Enola Gay and the bombing of Hiroshima in World War II(WWII) He met the General when he came to him, to build him a hot street car, many years ago. Their friendship endures. I ask about the General from time to time , and have prayed for him ever since learning that the two Paul's are friends. This one man... this one human being.... has carried the weight of the world on his shoulders since that eventful day which brought about the end of World War II. I thought I'd share a part of Paul's email to me......

"I just spoke with Paul Tibbets this morning, and am happy to report that he’s still hanging in there in spite of all the health issues he has to deal with. More new problems have surfaced the last few weeks, but he feels that it’s part of the aging thing, and is taking it all in stride.
When we get to his age (92+), it sure would be great to have his positive attitude and inner strength. What he’s gone through the last five years would push most of us over the brink; but not him.

"It’s been said that his was the last generation that fought the last “good war”, but there are a lot of servicemen still at the “latest” front who are just as dedicated as they were, and are willing to sacrifice whatever it takes to keep us safe here at home.

"I hope everyone will throw away the partisan politics this weekend.

"Say a prayer for them. And let us never forget - and always be thankful - that they and other heroes like General Tibbets, understand what true sacrifice is all about."

Happy Memorial Day.

Stay safe,
PTM

My heartfelt thanks to each and every man and woman who has served our country, whether or not they saw combat. If they did not, they were prepared to fight to preserve our freedoms and rights.

As the saying goes, 'all gave some, some gave all'. I hope that in the midst of bar-b-ques and days at the shore or beach, every one of us will take a moment to remember the reason for this holiday. It's not just a day off of work. This day was set aside to remember all of those who have served in our military. Thank a vet when you see one. It means more then you will ever know, to them.

BTW.... the General digs drag racing! ;)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back